• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happened to all those time capsules?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember when time capsules were popular?

Buildings like Colombo Court had time capsules buried during its construction in the 70's(?).

There were alot of time capsules buried in the past. Many of these buidings have long since been demolished but were the time capsules ever retrieved :confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Buildings like Colombo Court had time capsules buried during its construction in the 70's(?).

There were alot of time capsules buried in the past. Many of these buidings have long since been demolished but were the time capsules ever retrieved :confused:

Some ET are collecting them.....maybe these time capsules are just for show...they have no intention of retriving them...:mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some ET are collecting them.....maybe these time capsules are just for show...they have no intention of retriving them...:mad:

I think they have been forgotten & probably discarded if found.

When the capsules were buried they put in things that were important & relevant in those days but You know lah, old things are no longer treasured anymore in Spore :(

They should put the contents in the museum as a snapshot of old Spore. I would certainly visit to view a little of the past :smile:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mbkdxu.jpg

"Mai kancheong... too bad but only your great grandchildren will get to see it when my great grandLEEder will unearth it"

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only garang-guni man interested by the time they're dug up.

In Sinkapoore, FT more important than locals, money more important than history, which is history of locals.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have still to find the one buried at the National Stadium. Anyway they seem to have lost interest as what these capsule shows are just physical changes and it is just old stuffs rather than real treasures for future generations.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have still to find the one buried at the National Stadium. Anyway they seem to have lost interest as what these capsule shows are just physical changes and it is just old stuffs rather than real treasures for future generations.

Yah lor, Old Fart's two balls more valuable.

pap_doggy

Alfrescian
Loyal

PLUNDERED by culprits & corrupt officials.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I always thought that the purpose of the time capsules was to remind future generations of the past :smile:

Have to agree that the current generation have forgotten the past. Wouldn't hurt LKY to remember what he's sacrificed :rolleyes:

As they say those who don't learn from the past will continue to repeat the same mistakes.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always thought that the purpose of the time capsules was to remind future generations of the past :smile:

Have to agree that the current generation have forgotten the past. Wouldn't hurt LKY to remember what he's sacrificed :rolleyes:

As they say those who don't learn from the past will continue to repeat the same mistakes.

Every time the Old Fart goes back home, he views his Oxley Rd property, and he rolleyes: what sacrifice?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have you seen the movie knowing??

do you think the time capsule have all the 4D winning numbers??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every time the Old Fart goes back home, he views his Oxley Rd property, and he rolleyes: what sacrifice?

LKY may have not have sacrificed $$$ but he's going to be remembered for his failures.

I'm not talking about the early years but whats going on in recent years, 10-20 years. What has he achieved with his population control, FT, Temasek losses, creation of elites in Spore,....? Policies which have driven many Sporeans to leave Spore :rolleyes:

When LKY is gone he'll be probably remembered more for his failures then successes.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

my childhood attap house, my primary school, my secondary school have all disappeared now. nothing left for emotional connection and this is obviously not being encouraged now. don't carry the wrong balls.