• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What experimenting was there in Singapore's 3-0 defeat?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>What experimenting was there in Singapore's 3-0 defeat?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS appalled to hear on the radio the comments by Singapore's Asian Youth Games soccer team manager Jita Singh, after Wednesday's 3-0 defeat by China.
According to Mr Singh, the team management was experimenting with the squad in this tournament. Perhaps he can clarify what he meant. International competitions are not meant for experimentation. The teams should be tournament-ready, preferably before the competition starts, not after it has started.
It is true that tactical and technical strategies must be adapted during the competition, but this did not appear to be the gist of his meaning, in my view.
The team striker was ineffective throughout all matches, but was not replaced. The goalkeeper made blunder after blunder, but was not replaced. So what was the 'experimentation' Mr Singh was talking about?
Bigger players could have been fielded to play against China who were physically taller. Sunny Ng, one of Singapore's physically larger players, warmed the substitutes bench yet again at Wednesday's match.
Despite the fact that they were 0-3 down and Wednesday's game was the last for the Singapore team, the coach or the team manager could have given substitutes like Ng an opportunity to play. Perhaps I would then have understood what Mr Singh meant by experimenting with the squad.
Alan Mui

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you know, he was experimenting to take on Brazil or Germany in the London Olympic Games?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is SING SONG at its highest.

Experimenting? Why never tell spectators in the first place? This amounts to cheating.

I would ask for money refunds if was a spectator.