• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you make of these HDB officers?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I was down at a kopitiam. A local Chinese approached me and politely asked me if I could explain a HDB letter to him. I read the letter and was disgusted.
The story in brief - this gentleman and his wife had to sell off their current HDB flat as they could not service their mortgage. Subsequently they wanted to purchase a smaller flat on the open market on a HDB loan. Being homeless and renting a room for sometime they were chasing the HDB to allot them a smaller flat anywhere in Singapore.

Now comes the ridiculous part. About a week ago the HDB sent them a letter asking them to visit a HDB website listing available flats. They were also told to make their application online. How stupid can the HDB officers can get? These people are not IT literate, can barely speak English and yet they are asked to make an online application!

I wonder if the Minister is aware that he has such stupid staff in HDB?:(

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB officers think that every one on the street are IT savy irregardless!

Including Garang Guni man!!

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am almost certain that front line and even management level civil servants are told to operate like robots. The general idea is to get Singaporeans to visit their MPs to write in letters on their behalf. Without Singaporeans visiting their MPs for such letters, there would be very little opportunity to connect with their MPs. Such idiotic systems also makes Singaporeans beholden to their MPs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday I was down at a kopitiam. A local Chinese approached me and politely asked me if I could explain a HDB letter to him. I read the letter and was disgusted.
The story in brief - this gentleman and his wife had to sell off their current HDB flat as they could not service their mortgage. Subsequently they wanted to purchase a smaller flat on the open market on a HDB loan. Being homeless and renting a room for sometime they were chasing the HDB to allot them a smaller flat anywhere in Singapore.

Now comes the ridiculous part. About a week ago the HDB sent them a letter asking them to visit a HDB website listing available flats. They were also told to make their application online. How stupid can the HDB officers can get? These people are not IT literate, can barely speak English and yet they are asked to make an online application!

On-line has made things easier for us, but it had made the civil servants, extremely lazy. They do not need to think or any initiative to work, all they need is the system provide, they just implement; for nowadays, they need not even need to meet a human being...it is all on-line.

It is assumed that all born from 1900 to 2010, in SINgapore know how to use the computer, & the internet.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
On-line has made things easier for us, but it had made the civil servants, extremely lazy. They do not need to think or any initiative to work, all they need is the system provide, they just implement; for nowadays, they need not even need to meet a human being...it is all on-line.

For all you know, no human being from HDB was involved yet. The letter was generated by a computer, printed by an unmanned printer, put into an envelope and dropped into the mail bag by a machine.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all you know, no human being from HDB was involved yet. The letter was generated by a computer, printed by an unmanned printer, put into an envelope and dropped into the mail bag by a machine.

Yes! you are right, they have machines that does that, even fold the computer generated letter into the envelope, gum it, sort it & drop into the mail bag, where it also be sealed & electronically tag also.

In the future, the robot will come pick the bag & deliver to the Post Office also, which will be received by robots & then meachnically sorted & mail out.:biggrin:

Why so we then need a million dollar short minister to run HDB, etc?...all we need is better, cheaper, faster robot of the same size & height.:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes! you are right, they have machines that does that, even fold the computer generated letter into the envelope, gum it, sort it & drop into the mail bag, where it also be sealed & electronically tag also.

In the future, the robot will come pick the bag & deliver to the Post Office also, which will be received by robots & then meachnically sorted & mail out.:biggrin:

Why so we then need a million dollar short minister to run HDB, etc?...all we need is better, cheaper, faster robot of the same size & height.:biggrin:

hi there

1. aiyoh! then the yog was not spending enough to get such machines and equipment to mail those f1 tickets to its volunteers man!
2. surprise! spending more can get things done on time mah!