• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What’s wrong with the kids? Or why the ‘strawberry generation’ needs a swift kick in the butt

Les grossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Niki Bruce

I’m currently in Bangkok on a mixed holiday-work trip and had the unfortunate experience of being on the same flight as an enormous group of private school kids from Singapore heading to Thailand for some rather privileged ‘outdoor activity camp’ (I know this because all the teachers with them were wearing polo tees with slogans about outdoor education).

The reason they made the flight a horror is because they were just SO DAMN LOUD! The entire airport was taken over by these noise demons in green. They traveled in packs, sat all over the floor in large circles, yelled at each other across large spaces, congregated in packs next to vending machines, took up entire travellators and stopped people from passing, clogged up walkways by stopping to take selfies … In the plane itself they yelled at each other across the aisles, they held entire conversations with friends seated rows away, they got in and out of their seats repeatedly, they took up all the bathrooms … When deplaning they took forever to get their luggage out of the bins, they clogged the aisles … And their teachers did nothing!

Not once did the teachers ask these over-privileged babies to shut up. The only time I saw any of the teachers do anything was to check they were all actually sitting in their assigned seats – and only after a steward had spotted that a couple of kids had swapped so they could sit next to their BFFs.

What struck me the most was that these kids had NO IDEA that anyone else in the airport, plane, world, existed. They didn’t even show vague kindnesses like letting an old lady go first in the bathroom queue. It never occurred to them that the rest of the world WASN’T INTERESTED in hearing about how one of them was the tallest person in Primary 1 until so-and-so turned up or whether or not X remembered some group trip in Primary 4 or that some kid had forgotten to pack their phone charger (HORRORS!).

Now, don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I hate kids (well, not ALL kids. I know one or two who are actually quite nice), but this experience came on the heels of another recent discussion with fellow fashion professionals about how useless our Interns are. So, the fact that these high school seniors were so incredibly rude, arrogant and self-absorbed just depressed me thinking that I’d probably end up having to deal with them in a couple of year’s time.

Interns are, unfortunately, indispensable when it comes to running any sort of media publication. None of us ever have enough full-time staff (another blog right there) so we all rely on having to use interns like staff.

The problem however is that Interns in Singapore (and generally around the world from what I’ve heard) are mostly useless. Admittedly I’ve had a couple of good ones, but even the good ones had weird quirks you had to work around. You never get an intern who’s entirely useful no matter how good they are.​

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2015/12/whats-wrong-with-kids-or-why-strawberry.html

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Niki Bruce would be FIRED if I was his employer, no matter his contributions to my company, as he chose to KBKB over a small matter on social media TO GAIN SYMPATHY, instead of attempts to resolve the problem. Biz Enterprise are NOT charity orgs, feeding jiaklaubees, but are hired to provide solutions & resolve matters amicably as best as possible.

1. Those passengers are kids, & he TOO, was once a kid. Being boisterous is only part of growing up, more so on an adventure, regardless if privileged or not. He could had talked to the teachers, & if those kids were more than they could handle, it would only need just a request to get the flight Captain to help.

While excited kids may not listen to their teachers in such intrepid times, they would listen to the final authority - the flight Captain, to calm them down, as if they continue to supposedly misbehave, it would be a flight back home to end their adventure, as is the right of the Captain.

Mr Niki Bruce, sadly, had only proven his incompetence in handling situations, but instead chose to smear SINGAPOREAN kids & deny his youthful times...

2. He then takes on interns & deemed them that they are 'useless'. Often interns are not paid as high as the roles they had to perform, as the experience & CV would help them to advance when they fully graduate. Mr Niki Bruce was ONCE, TOO, LIKE THEM - seeking a chance to gain a foothold upon the corporate ladder.

The purpose of INTERNSHIP is for MENTORSHIP. Mr Niki Bruce should have instead, thru his experiences in life & employment, MENTOR them, no matter how difficult it may be, as NO MORTAL IS PERFECT, with patience. Yet, he chose to denigrate them & KBKB on social media.

With folks of mentality like Mr. Niki Bruce, there can be no hope for a company, let alone Humanity, to progress.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
niki is a woman’s name. she should go to the open plaza at paya labia on sundays to hear 6.9k zoo animals yucking away loudly and simultaneously non-stop for 6.9 hrs from 9 to 4.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope these Sinkie kids get whacked by the Thai kids. Sinkie kids are spoilt and need a good beating once in a while as their coolie gene parents will never do.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Private school kids are boisterous because they are confident. Brought up to question everything. But I must admit they are annoying in groups.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Niki Bruce

I’m currently in Bangkok on a mixed holiday-work trip and had the unfortunate experience of being on the same flight as an enormous group of private school kids from Singapore heading to Thailand for some rather privileged ‘outdoor activity camp’ (I know this because all the teachers with them were wearing polo tees with slogans about outdoor education).

The reason they made the flight a horror is because they were just SO DAMN LOUD! The entire airport was taken over by these noise demons in green. They traveled in packs, sat all over the floor in large circles, yelled at each other across large spaces, congregated in packs next to vending machines, took up entire travellators and stopped people from passing, clogged up walkways by stopping to take selfies … In the plane itself they yelled at each other across the aisles, they held entire conversations with friends seated rows away, they got in and out of their seats repeatedly, they took up all the bathrooms … When deplaning they took forever to get their luggage out of the bins, they clogged the aisles … And their teachers did nothing!

Not once did the teachers ask these over-privileged babies to shut up. The only time I saw any of the teachers do anything was to check they were all actually sitting in their assigned seats – and only after a steward had spotted that a couple of kids had swapped so they could sit next to their BFFs.

What struck me the most was that these kids had NO IDEA that anyone else in the airport, plane, world, existed. They didn’t even show vague kindnesses like letting an old lady go first in the bathroom queue. It never occurred to them that the rest of the world WASN’T INTERESTED in hearing about how one of them was the tallest person in Primary 1 until so-and-so turned up or whether or not X remembered some group trip in Primary 4 or that some kid had forgotten to pack their phone charger (HORRORS!).

Now, don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I hate kids (well, not ALL kids. I know one or two who are actually quite nice), but this experience came on the heels of another recent discussion with fellow fashion professionals about how useless our Interns are. So, the fact that these high school seniors were so incredibly rude, arrogant and self-absorbed just depressed me thinking that I’d probably end up having to deal with them in a couple of year’s time.

Interns are, unfortunately, indispensable when it comes to running any sort of media publication. None of us ever have enough full-time staff (another blog right there) so we all rely on having to use interns like staff.

The problem however is that Interns in Singapore (and generally around the world from what I’ve heard) are mostly useless. Admittedly I’ve had a couple of good ones, but even the good ones had weird quirks you had to work around. You never get an intern who’s entirely useful no matter how good they are.​

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2015/12/whats-wrong-with-kids-or-why-strawberry.html
Duct tape their mouths.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a kick in the butt?

The insignificant nobody me DARE Mr/Ms Niki to kick the butt of ANY Child.

Child abuse WILL NOT & NEVER WILL BE TOLERATED in Singapore, if not in the World...Be PREPARED for harsh punishments from our Judicial Systems that aims to protect EVERY Child, local or foreign while residing here...

Some may think that sparing the rod will only spoil the child, but may there also be aware that such inflictions of pain WILL SEAR into their minds in their formative years, with the result of them doing the same not only to their kids, but other innocent kids as well.

They are only kids, & need just patience, time & intelligence to mould them to better beings. No kid, let alone Human is perfect. Seek for professional help, rather than to presume that VIOLENCE against kids, whom are the FUTURE of Humanity, is justifiable. It is NOT & WILL NEVER BE, so long as sane Humankind lives.