• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wee shu min complain NS slaves are borin

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - wee shu min complain NS slaves are borin</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>madmansg <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jun-23 3:41 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>15754.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Do local grads really pale in comparison to overseas grads?
A STOMPer came across a blog written by a Harvard grad. The blogger, who calls herself 'Intellectual Snob', writes about how stupid and poorly educated local graduates are, even referring to them as 'buffoons'.
According to her profile, the blogger read Political Science at Yale University and East Asian Studies at Harvard University, after attending Raffles Girls' School and Hwa Chong Junior College.
She laments in her blog about being surrounded by 'fools' (in the form of local graduates) at her workplace after her return from her overseas studies.
She says local graduates have never interacted with intelligent people and that they display their insecurities when surrounded by intelligent people.
The blogger said it is the lax entry requirement for local universities that allows "people of varying (low) ability to enter these universities and still call themselves graduates after three years of meaningless rote learning".
In another inflammatory sentence, the blogger writes that she was shocked by how everyone who taught them at university was a 'professor'. She wrote: "I was mortified in a casual conversation with some of the poorly educated, that most of them called their lecturers, or any teaching assistant their/a 'professor'....How about the janitor in school? Janitors could be their professors too since they probably are masterful in the workings of the potty."
She ended her post by saying S'poreans have "No critical thinking, no logical faculties, no linguistic flair, no presentation talent.." among other faults.
The STOMPer, in his response to the blog, said "While I do not deny that local grads have limited experiences compared to theintellectualsnob, I feel ultimately that success in the working field is more important, not which school you came from.
"You can be from the top uni in the world and suck at your job and in relationships with your friends.
"I am disgusted by the condenscension and disdain in the blogger's tone."
But many STOMP readers seem to agree with the Intellectual Snob's observations.
Will this be another rehash of the Wee Shu Min saga, aka 'Elite girl'?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys and local buddies, don't be victimised by the unkind remarks. those bananas are looking down upon their own race and kowtow to ang mos. Do bondage them, and torture them with spanking, caning, piercing, cuttings. and fxxk them. Show them that you are a real tough guy even your prxxk is not long as the africans.

U

UpYoz_olo

Like it or not, if you're totally schooled in this cesspool (quoting from others) aka the little red dot you really have missed out many important aspects of learning life. Ask yourself why an overseas scholarship is worth multi-times the local equivalent and yet the government sends only the cream of the elites there, the answer is obvious.

So, a degree from abroad is worth two of the local.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyone graduated with a degree has an IQ of 125 and above. Let's admit it. High IQs people forms a small proportion in any given population. Ask yourself, how many of those attending local Uni have IQs above 125?

To those intellectual snobs, high IQs is not a pre-requisite to success in life. An above average intelligence and intellectual abilities together with hard work, creativity and some luck will bring you success.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple of things to note.

1) Never assume that a higher IQ is in play. Generally IQs are above average for most people. There will be exceptions with high IQ but they will usually be in single science disciplines with focus on research and academia.

2) People like here are probably more diligent ( read burn the midnight oil ) and more determined to succeed. It does not mean a natural flair in a range of talents from articulation to logical thinking.

3) This person is clearly feeling very insecure and finds difficulty handling human interactions. I know absolutely dumb people that behave exactly like this person and they have never completed secondary education. By the way poor EQ has nothing to do with IQ good or bad. There is no correlation either way.

Harvard, Yale, Ivy League and oxbridge all practice legacy admissions. Its no surprise Bush graduated from Yale and still has no clue the proxy role he played for GOP and why he was the butt of jokes for every talk show hosts from here to Kennebunkport.

Not everyone graduated with a degree has an IQ of 125 and above. Let's admit it. High IQs people forms a small proportion in any given population. Ask yourself, how many of those attending local Uni have IQs above 125?

To those intellectual snobs, high IQs is not a pre-requisite to success in life. An above average intelligence and intellectual abilities together with hard work, creativity and some luck will bring you success.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No wonder the CCB civil service don't recognize my Doctorate degree from Timbuktu and insist I should have at least a diploma from Yale.:confused:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote:"No wonder the CCB civil service don't recognize my Doctorate degree from Timbuktu and insist I should have at least a diploma from Yale."

How come your doctorate from Timbuktu not recognised and yet I noe of someone who graduated from Jamban uni and she is holding high office?:biggrin::biggrin: