• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We love Dr Lily Neo PartII

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New Paper 18 October, featured an article of Meet-the-People-Session with Lily Neo.

13th October 2008, at Block 4 Sago Lane, from 8:30pm - 10:30pm, Dr Lily Neo consulted 18 people who are in need of help during this economic downturn. Some facts featured in this session.

1) Dr Lily Neo is a MP of Kreta Ayer - Kim Seng, part of Jalan Besar Constituency.
2) It is one of the poorest constituency in Singapore
3) 50% of its residents live in rental flats, 50% in 3 room flats and 44% are 55 and above in ages.
4) Out of 18 people, 6 of them are homeless or have trouble renting places to stay. 5 are jobless and poor, 2 have problems getting citizenship for spouses.

Some excerpts:
"Man in 70s wants a job.
A gaunt-looking uncle in his 70s caomes in asking for a job, He used to be a dishwasher but is no longer strong enough to carry the heavy plates. Nine months i've been out of job, he says. Children? No, never married, he says"

"Jobless man wants a taxi license.
A man hands Dr Neo crumpled stacks of utility bills. He cant understand why his bills are so high. The 58 years old former lorry driver, who is unemployed, also wants to know why the LTA cannot design a tests for taxi drivers to be in Mandarin. He cant pass the test because he came from a Chinese school. He has wasted months of studying and a few hundreds in fees, and is desperate for taxi license."

"Woman wants rental flat.
A woman agitatedly ask for a rental flat. Her flat is under her father, who died recently. She assumed she could continue living there, but now HDB wants the flat back. She is refusing to move unless she has a rental flat.

After the meeting, Dr Neo sighs and says it is sometimes tough to match government policies to complex real-life situation.

"TB Patient wants too know why....
A tuberculosis sufferer is angry he is being made to go to hospital everyday to get his medicine. It's a standard procedure among doctors, to prevent the disease from spreading. But the man ask: Like that, how to hold on to my job?"

This is the 2nd time Dr Lily Neo was featured in The New Paper, i felt she is one of the MPs who really cares for us citizens, it would be foolish for PAP not to let her participate the next Election, just because of her previous outburst during the Parliament.

Thank you Dr Lily Neo :smile: :smile: :smile:

jw5

Loyal
It will be Singkie's loss if Lily Neo is not elected into parliament again.
Not Lily Neo's. She will just continue being a doctor.
It's good to hear that she is continuing her good work as an MP.
The amazing thing is that she also manages to look so good and elegant, unlike some others I won't mention. :smile:

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you trust the local news?

In singapore, we have 300 billion in the reserves, and every local family has a HDB flat. This is the final test.

Did all of you hear it from my Lee Kuan Yew, my great leader? Tell me , where is the beggar ?

Lily Neo is a PAP comrade, how can she speak up the truth ? What will she get in the end? Is Lily Neo trying to be popular among the voters?

Lily Neo shouted at parliament shows her rudeness as PAP MP, she should resign and join WP or RP or NSP.

Singapore just made its way to the world map, we have F1, flyer, and the zoo to be proud of, what are all these nonsense at Lily Neo' ward.
Lily Neo can resign if she does not like to be a PAP MP.

I hope Lily Neo, being PAP comrade, should keep her mouth shut and just follow the PAP rules.
PAP cannot tolerate this kind of nonsense.

Singapore is a very rich country, the world burns but we are still having golden period.

Another thing, we are giving out citizenship and PRs like nobody's business or at will, one should not have denied if anyone asks for it. The campaign to replace the locals is still in process.

I hope Lily Neo sticks to the PAP's guns and keeps all those stupid trivial problems at bay.
The better, if Lily Neo keeps quiet, just go through the motion to smile with the complaints or she will be replaced next GE.

New Paper 18 October, featured an article of Meet-the-People-Session with Lily Neo.

13th October 2008, at Block 4 Sago Lane, from 8:30pm - 10:30pm, Dr Lily Neo consulted 18 people who are in need of help during this economic downturn. Some facts featured in this session.

1) Dr Lily Neo is a MP of Kreta Ayer - Kim Seng, part of Jalan Besar Constituency.
2) It is one of the poorest constituency in Singapore
3) 50% of its residents live in rental flats, 50% in 3 room flats and 44% are 55 and above in ages.
4) Out of 18 people, 6 of them are homeless or have trouble renting places to stay. 5 are jobless and poor, 2 have problems getting citizenship for spouses.

Some excerpts:
"Man in 70s wants a job.
A gaunt-looking uncle in his 70s caomes in asking for a job, He used to be a dishwasher but is no longer strong enough to carry the heavy plates. Nine months i've been out of job, he says. Children? No, never married, he says"

"Jobless man wants a taxi license.
A man hands Dr Neo crumpled stacks of utility bills. He cant understand why his bills are so high. The 58 years old former lorry driver, who is unemployed, also wants to know why the LTA cannot design a tests for taxi drivers to be in Mandarin. He cant pass the test because he came from a Chinese school. He has wasted months of studying and a few hundreds in fees, and is desperate for taxi license."

"Woman wants rental flat.
A woman agitatedly ask for a rental flat. Her flat is under her father, who died recently. She assumed she could continue living there, but now HDB wants the flat back. She is refusing to move unless she has a rental flat.

After the meeting, Dr Neo sighs and says it is sometimes tough to match government policies to complex real-life situation.

"TB Patient wants too know why....
A tuberculosis sufferer is angry he is being made to go to hospital everyday to get his medicine. It's a standard procedure among doctors, to prevent the disease from spreading. But the man ask: Like that, how to hold on to my job?"

This is the 2nd time Dr Lily Neo was featured in The New Paper, i felt she is one of the MPs who really cares for us citizens, it would be foolish for PAP not to let her participate the next Election, just because of her previous outburst during the Parliament.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has MPs who care for the people and in good ways. Dr Lily Neo is just one good example! I believe the parliament is full of such good MPs!

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a lot of room for improvement of people skills of the representatives of the government of Singapore. Intentions of our MPs are sometimes misunderstood. Brothers and sisters sometimes fight, including our MPs in parliament. That does not mean they want to do each other in, though misinterpretation from third parties may seem so. Our trust in her may only be considered misplaced if Dr Lily Neo decides to join the opposition.

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, it's not true.
Inside PAP, never fight, we unite in one decision.
One singapore, one spirit.
Lily Neo should know. If she wishes to talk for the people, she has to join the oppo, period

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fighting is likened to a small tiff. Like I say brothers and sisters fight, sometimes to work out issues. But at the final call, families still unite. Dr Neo is not the only MP from the establishment who has voiced out differences in parliament. When DR Neo, and LBW were chosen, there was good judgement to do so. Dr Neo does not go to Speakers Corner or distribute leaflets, does she? She still does her work diligently at the Meet-the-People-Session. She does not wear anti-establishment T-shirts, either. Dr Neo has room for improvement too.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, that is not a good thing to do. She is married with children. I think our MPs have higher moral standards than to do that. Perhaps, some of the less educated and misinformed may be doing this during the walkabouts and Meet-the-People-Sessions. Such mental acts should be stopped for no one would want their mothers to be mentally undressed.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, that is not a good thing to do. She is married with children. I think our MPs have higher moral standards than to do that. Perhaps, some of the less educated and misinformed may be doing this during the walkabouts and Meet-the-People-Sessions. Such mental acts should be stopped for no one would want their mothers to be mentally undressed.

MPs = no sex drive and less educated = sex deviants ?? You crazy ??:mad:

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Loyal PAP MPs meet-the-people-session in a low profile, keep all nonsense at bay without the media attention.

Lily Neo is trying to blow up the bad dirts at her ward, what is she doing?

She can meet the people by all means but she has to know she is from the establishment either.
Going to HL park or wearing kangaroo shirts are not relevant.

Lily Neo may be sexy at her age, she can join Mediacock if she wants more attention. Being a PAP MP, must behave like one

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not insult Mediacorp by misrepresenting its name. It is a worldclass media organization and has won numerous awards.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least she dares to talk.
Some of them don't even dare to do that.

Some dun even bother to come up any solutions to help these poor ppl.
They just take the gov. policies...like sch prefects referring to school rules
and say this cannnot be help...that cannot be done.

With such restrictive mindset, it is easier for them to brush aside the problems and hold their million dollars job.

Well done PAP ministers who dun give a fark of these peasants lives.

:mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
role model for others to follow. Can i request the PM to get out of Ang mo Kio GRC and replace by her?

TedDibiase

Alfrescian
Loyal

BAH! Good cop, Bad cop, everyone falls for that.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish things were true that real life is like wrestling show, where entertainment is the key motivation. But in running a nation, lives are at stake!