• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WAH Saay ! Chrysler cab fare from airport to Jurong costs $70!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
getMediumSizePhoto.do

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION

Richard and his friends recently boarded a Chrysler cab from the airport to Jurong at midnight, but was shocked that the fare went up to a costly $70.

Says this STOMPer:

"Recently my friends and I took a cab from the airport to Jurong which costs us about $70.

"It was midnight, so we understood that there would be a 50% increase.

"A check with SMRT stated that the black Chrysler cab would cost more.

"Why was the public unaware of the price increase in taxi fare.

"Shouldn't all taxi fares be standard.

"Even the Merc cab is cheaper, why must a Chrysler be more expensive.

"A Chrysler isn't more luxurious than Merc cab, at least I doubt so.

"Does LTA approve of the price increase. $5 was the starting fare, and the fare jumped 30 cents for every 200 metres travelled, instead of $3.20 starting fare for a normal cab, and a 20 cents jump per 200 metres.

"I hope to inform the public so as to avoid paying more for a taxi fare."

To read SMRT's reply, see the story below:

Chrysler cab charges more for enhanced travel experience, says SMRT

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal taxi fare would have easily cost more than $50, what more Chrysler cab. Some more must drop you and your friends different places in Jurong. Next time dun take Chrysler.

Last edited:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chrysler Cab is suppose to pick up Nathan from the airport. But last minute Nathan canceled it so the Chrysler Cab driver had no choice as he need to cover his rent for that day as Nathan played him out.

So the Chrysler Cab driver managed to catch this suckers and charged him higher cab fees for it.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
getMediumSizePhoto.do

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION

Richard and his friends recently boarded a Chrysler cab from the airport to Jurong at midnight, but was shocked that the fare went up to a costly $70.

Says this STOMPer:

"Recently my friends and I took a cab from the airport to Jurong which costs us about $70.

"It was midnight, so we understood that there would be a 50% increase.

"A check with SMRT stated that the black Chrysler cab would cost more.

"Why was the public unaware of the price increase in taxi fare.

"Shouldn't all taxi fares be standard.

"Even the Merc cab is cheaper, why must a Chrysler be more expensive.

"A Chrysler isn't more luxurious than Merc cab, at least I doubt so.

"Does LTA approve of the price increase. $5 was the starting fare, and the fare jumped 30 cents for every 200 metres travelled, instead of $3.20 starting fare for a normal cab, and a 20 cents jump per 200 metres.

"I hope to inform the public so as to avoid paying more for a taxi fare."

To read SMRT's reply, see the story below:\\

Datz Y I got NO sympathy for the cabbies - they charge too much & this is typically systemic robbery in corporate Singapore. They wonder why they are no earning enuf when all the revenues got creme off first by the company who pays big wigs multi million bucks salaries and gahmen pple too
Y

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Normal TAXI front Changi Airport to Jurong West(NTU) less than $45 included midnight charge 50%. I have been taking many time because no choice(no other transport)

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chrysler cabs are premium cabs and it was already mentioned in the papers taking a ride in one would be at premium price. Flag down fare is $5 and meter jumps 30 cents or more.

What was that bozo Richard and his pals doing at the airport at midnight? Does look like they just got off a flight.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah richard ...

aiyah ... take ze chrysler cab 2 tampines 24 hr mcdonald ... den change in2 a cheaper cab la ...

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Government wont control the price of taxi.
They themselves has been increasing all this years.
It is up to consumers to take a taxi or not.
Nowadays many taxi drivers earning drop so much.
Then they need to drive long hours.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
50% midnite surcharge from donkey years already,,,, which i think is reasonable,,,,

chrysler as premium cab, for normal people who take cabs they already knew that,,,, only those `1 year take 1 time dunno,,,,,

cannot afford wait till 6am and take MRT

tanny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chrysler Cab is suppose to pick up Nathan from the airport. But last minute Nathan canceled it so the Chrysler Cab driver had no choice as he need to cover his rent for that day as Nathan played him out.

So the Chrysler Cab driver managed to catch this suckers and charged him higher cab fees for it.
do you mean S R Nathan? why him?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
50% midnite surcharge from donkey years already,,,, which i think is reasonable,,,,

chrysler as premium cab, for normal people who take cabs they already knew that,,,, only those `1 year take 1 time dunno,,,,,

cannot afford wait till 6am and take MRT

Anyway, be warned, the SMRT, friend of you know who woMAN, is the head, black colored Chrysler cab, starts at $5.00, from Changi airport, you add other fees, plus 50% after Midnight, plus the fact that it cost more per 100m it runs at 30c. So, a trip from Changi Airport to Jurong can cost more than S$70.00

If you see any of these black colored ( black hearted orgn), don't flag down, unless desperate, in taxi quue avoid, in Changi Airport, skip that, and go for the next....which is cheaper..

Anyway, when this cab service first started, a friend of mine, text me, the details...and told me to avoid....:rolleyes:

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the zoo and on the way home, waited for a cab at the taxi queue, a Chrysler came up just when it was my turn, saw the price tag on the from passenger seat window, gave him (the driver) the thumbs down action and went to the cab behind (a hyundai). While boarding the comfort delgro cab, the group of ah neh Ft behind me got very excited boarding the black cab. haha!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No money dun take lah, i dun flag Merc Cab too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
If a Chrsyler taxi at the queue and its your turn, you can reject 1 mah....