• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivain Traitor: Big Plans for FTrash! NSmen fuck off!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=452><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Published September 17, 2009
c.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Big plans in store to foster closer ties
$10m fund created for groups to organise events and social gatherings

By LEE U-WEN
<TABLE class=storyLinks border=0 cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width=136 align=right><TBODY><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Email this article</TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Print article </TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Feedback</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
FIVE months after it was formed in April, the new National Integration Council (NIC) has laid out some ambitious plans to better integrate new immigrants into society.

<TABLE class=picBoxL cellSpacing=2 width=100 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=caption><TD>Dr Balakrishnan: 'If Singaporeans feel insecure or are under pressure, then this whole talk about being hospitable and greater integration, doing it will be very difficult.' </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Chief on its list is the creation of a three-year, $10- million fund that will help organisations kick-start projects to create more opportunities for Singaporeans, new citizens and permanent residents to meet and understand one another in a conducive setting.
The money can be used for events such as festival celebrations, sports and family day get-togethers, which would allow the community to make new friends and learn about different cultures and backgrounds, said NIC chairman Vivian Balakrishnan yesterday.
He took the opportunity to drive home a point made by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday: Singaporeans will always come first because 'membership has its privileges'.
'It's a key message we want to put across. If Singaporeans feel insecure or are under pressure, then this whole talk about being hospitable and greater integration, doing it will be very difficult,' said Dr Balakrishnan, who is also the community development, youth and sports (MCYS) minister.
The total number of new Singaporeans and PRs here is rising, according to latest figures from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority. In 2007, there were 80,891 newcomers to the Republic. This figure shot up to 99,680 last year.
Also under the NIC are four working groups - schools, workplaces, community and media - that will each be chaired by a relevant permanent secretary.
To bridge the language barrier, the council will encourage companies to send their employees for English courses and raise awareness of the different options available in the market today.
But a difficult question remains: Just how does one measure the success of the council in determining whether a newcomer has integrated into the community?
MCYS permanent secretary and council member Niam Chiang Meng said that the council would conduct regular surveys and reviews of its programmes, and would also keep track of the number of foreigners who become permanent residents and eventually citizens.
'If the numbers increase, then it's a sign that what we are doing is effective and useful, that people want to call Singapore a home and they feel welcome here,' he said.
Dr Balakrishnan said that the efforts to integrate newcomers had to be a long-term initiative, and the more difficult challenge would be to get regular community support and participation from locals.
The 20-member NIC is made up of leaders from the community, private sector and government.
In addition to seven ministers, the council also includes representatives from the media, academia, community groups and the labour movement.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with Singapore?

Not a single week goes by without the PAP ministers mentioning about Fts...how to integrate them, welcome them, Singapore needs them, etc.Just a small amount of of he speech is devoted to assure that Singaporeans come first.

Yea come first to Singaporeans will be: N.S. LIABILITY, retrenchments, compulsory no guaranteed annunity to lock your CPF as even Singaporeans at age 55 still could not know how to manage their monies etc.

I remember when I started work as a sales engineer in the 1983 my manager was a Malaysian P.R. 3 years younger than me bec. he did not have to serve the army. Look, many of us had to wait for enlistment and that can take up 3 to 6 months then another 2 years N.S. for us which ROD in May so another 6 months delay before we can go into the university...3 years behind those fucking FTs.

Why don't the FTs serve N.S.? They can be integrated immediately to Singapore...two years and another 13 years of active reservist duty will definately help. "No No we cannot disrupt them", the PAP ministers will give this excuse on behalf of the FTs.

Well then look at it this way. A FT age 21 just completed his diploma in the Hong Kong Polytechnic or a Chinese college as a part-time student and then come to Singapore. NO N.S. Another part-time Singaporean student who managed to ask for deferment and completed his diploma in Singapore Poly at age 21. YES N.S. for him.

You mean to say it is OK to interrupt the true-blue Singaporean in his career and not OK to do likewise to the fucking Chinese from Hong Kong or China? How can Singaporeans take such discimination sitting down.

I suffered that so I never want my son to face the face same social system injustice.

What makes it worse is the damn reservist and the recalls which made my parents nervous whenever they saw the recall signs on T.V. There are so many Singaporeans who could not go on overseas conference or workshop bec. we could not get deferrement from Mindef. Yet the FTs do not need to worry.

My Malaysia immediate manager even scolded me in front of everyone for taking so much time off for reservist! When I came back from the 2 ot 3 weeks' reservist training, no one did my job, it just mounted up...the rest of the FTs in the office even cracked cruel jokes on me for being so stupid to be a Singaporean. What to do, there were so many FTs and even the manager is FT so I just pretended to laugh but it hurts me badly.

Any brothers out there had the same fuck experience?

Shit what is there for us to protect? If I have the wealth of billionaire Lee Kia Seng, then it is worth protecting. But damn I lived in a 3-room flat and drove a Nissan Pulsar 9.99 CC car.

Lucky I had a very supportive wife to encourage me to immigrate to Canada!

Before we emigrated out of the shit hole, we used to drive to the Changi Airport and look departing board on flights to London, England (we did our studies there for 4 yrs) and then at the depature time we look out for the the departing planes and wish how nice it would be to fly out of Singapore for good.

"If you can believe and conceive you can achieve." Napolean Hill.

We finally flew out in mid-May 1991; waving a Canadian flag in the Singapore Changi airport...still have the photo with my 3 year old daughter holding the flag. She is a "special needs" girl and even as a special needs she also renounce (or rather denounce) the toilet paper..the Shit Hole citizenship.

I am just piss off by the constant gory bestow on the FTs.

WOW $10 million to org funtions for FTs! Why don't they give this money to the poor true-blue 75 plus years old Singaporeans who helped built Singapore. $10m give to the 10,000 needy Singaporeans who earns less than $400 per month will provide them oaks, fresh milk, fresh fruits and meat and some Chinese medicine for their health for extra 6 months.

Every able person in Singapore should at least try to walk over to the Canadian and Australina High Commission to try their luck in immigration.

"I am not afraid to try;
What I am afraid is that I dare not even try."

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations on your crossover. Don't look back. The country mourns not the loss of yet another of it's children.