• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vietnam tycoon Truong My Lan faces second trial while appealing death penalty

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn, what happened to her face? Too much Botox jab then held in remand losing its effects? LOL.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/in...s-second-trial-while-appealing-death-penalty?

Vietnam tycoon Truong My Lan faces second trial while appealing death penalty​

Published Fri, Sep 6, 2024 · 07:58 PM
da3592f5ea22955d601c527c761571598dbe589ad5492db2c51065fc99e9c96f

Truong My Lan is appealing the death sentence handed to her in April after she was found guilty in a US$12 billion fraud case. PHOTO: EPA-EFE

THE second trial of Vietnamese real estate tycoon Truong My Lan on charges including alleged money laundering will begin Sep 19 as she appeals a death penalty verdict from earlier this year.

The trial, which will include 33 other defendants, is expected to last until Oct 19, according to a statement posted on the website of the People’s Court of Ho Chi Minh City. Lan and the others are accused of alleged fraudulent appropriation of property, money laundering and illegal transportation of currency across borders, it said.
Lan’s lawyer was not immediately available for comment.

Police charge that Lan, former chairwoman of real estate giant Van Thinh Phat Holdings Group, and her accomplices with alleged illegal transportation about US$4.5 billion across the border over 10 years beginning in October 2012, news website VnExpress reported in June. They also are accused by investigators of allegedly laundering about 446 trillion dong (S$23.6 billion) in embezzled assets from Saigon Commercial Bank and bond issuances, the report said.

Additionally, Lan is charged with allegedly appropriating more than 30 trillion dong from 35,824 investors through bond issuances, the news website said.

Lan is appealing the death sentence handed to her in April after she was found guilty in a US$12 billion fraud case. Her earlier charges included bribing government officials, violating bank lending rules and embezzling funds. BLOOMBERG
------------------------

Last edited:

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad looking. She can "truong my lan" anytime.

I like your name esp. the Muniandy.
I don't think it is a common name nowadays.

I googled Muniandy and the first one that came up was Marimuthu Muniandy and the second was Krishnamurti Muniandy.

I next googled the meaning of Muniandy and lo and behold the name of Muniandy has such a holy meaning.
It means "slave of God".

And Marimuthu means "rain pearl"
So Marimuthu Muniandy means -- "rain pearl slave of God"

Krishnamurty means Manifestation of Krishna (a Hindu God).
So Krisnamurti Muniandy means Manifestation of Krishna the slave of God.

But please donch next ask me to find the meanings of Peter Ahmad and Wong because I am getting tired leh but I still kaypoh and tried fast one.

Peter -- stone, rock It has biblical origins with Jesus -- very good name
Ahmad --- Highly praised -- oso berry good one
Wong --- King, Monarch --- aiyoh yoh so good one

Walanweeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii
Your name really the best of the best.

But then I googled my name - Sikodolauka
Siko means crying baby (African origin)
Do means independent confident and has qualities like a leader (French)
Lauka means inflame or excite quarrels, incite passions.

So my name Sikodolauka meaning a crying baby who is independent, confident with leadership qualities and loves to inflames quarrels.
No wonder I always love to stand up for babies and little children.

But I still think your name is betterrrrrrrrrr.

lol
brbrbrbruauuauahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn, what happened to her face? Too much Botox jab then held in remand losing its effects? LOL.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/in...s-second-trial-while-appealing-death-penalty?

Vietnam tycoon Truong My Lan faces second trial while appealing death penalty​

Published Fri, Sep 6, 2024 · 07:58 PM
da3592f5ea22955d601c527c761571598dbe589ad5492db2c51065fc99e9c96f

Truong My Lan is appealing the death sentence handed to her in April after she was found guilty in a US$12 billion fraud case. PHOTO: EPA-EFE

THE second trial of Vietnamese real estate tycoon Truong My Lan on charges including alleged money laundering will begin Sep 19 as she appeals a death penalty verdict from earlier this year.

The trial, which will include 33 other defendants, is expected to last until Oct 19, according to a statement posted on the website of the People’s Court of Ho Chi Minh City. Lan and the others are accused of alleged fraudulent appropriation of property, money laundering and illegal transportation of currency across borders, it said.
Lan’s lawyer was not immediately available for comment.

Police charge that Lan, former chairwoman of real estate giant Van Thinh Phat Holdings Group, and her accomplices with alleged illegal transportation about US$4.5 billion across the border over 10 years beginning in October 2012, news website VnExpress reported in June. They also are accused by investigators of allegedly laundering about 446 trillion dong (S$23.6 billion) in embezzled assets from Saigon Commercial Bank and bond issuances, the report said.

Additionally, Lan is charged with allegedly appropriating more than 30 trillion dong from 35,824 investors through bond issuances, the news website said.

Lan is appealing the death sentence handed to her in April after she was found guilty in a US$12 billion fraud case. Her earlier charges included bribing government officials, violating bank lending rules and embezzling funds. BLOOMBERG
------------------------
Need to take out her 27ton of Gold from 东海龙宮

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is she could implicate high ranking officials etc etc. That why the death penalty..a dead person tells no tales...or the death penalty is to scare her to reveal where she hide the billions...in all fairness to pull off what she did...no damn way the higher ups are not involved

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thai Household Debt Rises to 16-Year High as Economy Slows, Survey Shows​

• Average household debt seen rising 8.4% to $18,000 this year
  • New premier Paetongtarn aims to tackle debt pile as priority

By Suttinee Yuvejwattana
September 10, 2024 at 4:03 PM GMT+8
Save

The average household debt in Thailand is seen rising to the highest in at least 16 years as an uneven post-pandemic economic recovery hurts family incomes, according to a survey.

The debt pile per household is set to jump 8.4% to 606,378 baht ($17,959) this year, according to a survey by the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce. That’s the highest family debt obligation since the university began the survey in 2009. The findings are based on survey of 1,300 respondents during Sept. 1 and 7.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

New Thai PM’s Reform Agenda Lacks Specifics, Economists Say​

• Lawmakers to press for details during two-day policy debate
  • New government pledges quick stimulus, debt restructuring

Paetongtarn Shinawatra

Paetongtarn ShinawatraPhotographer: Andre Malerba/Bloomberg
By Suttinee Yuvejwattana
September 12, 2024 at 5:00 AM GMT+8
Updated on
September 12, 2024 at 11:15 AM GMT+8
Save

Thailand’s new prime minister has a roadmap to deal with the most pressing issues ranging from a near-record household debt to a tepid growth rate and an aging society. But the plan is short on details that would ensure time-bound outcomes, according to economists.

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, who was sworn into office last week, outlined her government’s top 10 priorities at a joint sitting of the parliament on Thursday.

The blueprint includes steps to tackle the more than 16 trillion baht ($476 billion) of household debt, modernize the country’s farm sector, overhaul the energy and utility procurement terms to lower costs of living as among the priorities.

She also highlighted the need for an urgent economic stimulus for the poor.
https://www.bloomberg.com/tips/

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economics

Thailand to Give $4.2 Billion in Cash Handouts to Boost Economy​

By Suttinee Yuvejwattana
September 12, 2024 at 8:15 PM GMT+8
Save

Thailand will start rolling out a one-time cash assistance to its citizens this month, as authorities seek to revitalize Southeast Asia’s second-largest economy

The government will on Sept. 25 transfer 10,000 baht ($296.4) each to around 14.2 million Thais that form part of the economically vulnerable group, Finance Minister Pichai Chunhavajira told the nation’s parliament on Thursday.

He, however, didn’t commit a timeline for payment to others that registered for the program.

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economics

Thailand to Give $4.2 Billion in Cash Handouts to Boost Economy​

By Suttinee Yuvejwattana
September 12, 2024 at 8:15 PM GMT+8
Save

Thailand will start rolling out a one-time cash assistance to its citizens this month, as authorities seek to revitalize Southeast Asia’s second-largest economy

The government will on Sept. 25 transfer 10,000 baht ($296.4) each to around 14.2 million Thais that form part of the economically vulnerable group, Finance Minister Pichai Chunhavajira told the nation’s parliament on Thursday.

He, however, didn’t commit a timeline for payment to others that registered for the program.
Print money again.
lol