• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Viet bride-to-be cancels wedding. She says:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,195850,00.html?

VIET BRIDE-TO-BE CANCELS WEDDING. SHE SAYS:
'Fiance used knife to make me sleep with him'
By Crystal Chan

March 16, 2009

NP_IMAGES_CSWIFE.jpg

UNHAPPY ENDING: Matchmaking agency owner Francis Toh (left, with the alleged victim) said the man was introduced by a friend. PICTURE: LIANHE WANBAO

HE came home drunk and threatened his Vietnamese fiancee with a knife when she refused to sleep with him.

He did it not just once, but on four occasions.

We are not naming the couple as the Singaporean man had allegedly forced himself on the Vietnamese woman.

His true colours made the 21-year-old woman call off the wedding, which was fixed for solemnisation on Thursday.

On Monday, she fled to First Overseas International Matchmaker, the agency that introduced her to the man, and it arranged for her to return to Ho Chi Minh City the same day.

Mr Francis Toh, the agency owner, told The New Paper on Sunday that his client, 50, a businessman, treated the woman well during their brief courtship after they were introduced last month.

He said: 'We signed the contract and he paid my fee of $6,800. It was agreed that he could take her home after he had obtained a marriage solemnisation date.'

The woman moved into his Serangoon flat late last month, in preparation for her wedding.

True colours

But within two weeks, the man showed his true colours, claimed Mr Toh.

He allegedly came home drunk and demanded to sleep with his fiancee, Lianhe Wanbao reported. When she refused, the man, who was reeking of alcohol, allegedly turned nasty.

She claimed that he threatened her with a knife and said: 'If you don't give in, I'll kill you before killing myself. We'll die together.'

Stuck in a foreign country and facing a knife, she gave in.

It did not help that the man's two older sisters gave her a tough time too.

Mr Toh said: 'My client's sisters are supposedly suffering from depression so when they couldn't control their emotions, they shouted at her for no reason.'

The woman decided to call off the marriage and return to Vietnam after her experience.

After contacting Mr Toh secretly, she sneaked out of the flat and fled to the agency in Katong Shopping Centre.

She told Lianhe Wanbao before she left Singapore: 'My ex-fiance apologised each time he sobered up but he reverted to his devilish side when he became drunk again.

'I came here seeking a better life and I didn't want to live with such a man.'

She said there was no way she could find another Singaporean man as she had lost her virginity.

She said: 'I just hope to get my passport back and return to Vietnam. I plan to learn some skills as I'll have to be independent in future.'

Besides her parents, she has a 25-year-old brother living in Vietnam.

Angered that the marriage was cancelled without any refund of his agency fee, the man refused to hand over her passport.

Mr Toh said: 'I rejected his request for a refund because it was unreasonable. He hid his drinking habit from me when he became my customer. It was also wrong of him to treat his ex-fiancee that way.

'Besides, when both sides signed the contract, it was made clear to them that if the marriage was cancelled because of the man, he would bear the consequences.'

As the man had refused to return the passport, Mr Toh went to the police and got the Vietnamese embassy here to make travel arrangements for her.

He said he trusted the man as he was recommended by a friend.

He said: 'If he came on his own, I'd have been more watchful. But since he was introduced by someone I knew, I thought he was of good character.'

The New Paper on Sunday's attempts to contact the man were unsuccessful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other matches gone wrong

14 MAY 2006

Mr Ang Hock Chye, 37, a clerk, returns to his Mei Ling Street home to find his Vietnamese wife had left. She took her passport, clothes and jewellery.

Her friend and compatriot also left her Singaporean husband on the same day.

6 APR 2005

A report in The New Paper quotes Mr Mark Lin, owner of Vietnam Brides International, as saying that for every hundred marriages involving Vietnamese women and local men, at least three brides initiate break-ups.

He cited the language barrier and cultural differences as the main reasons.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<She said: 'I just hope to get my passport back and return to Vietnam. I plan to learn some skills as I'll have to be independent in future.'>>

plan to be independent?? she should have tot of it b4 she come.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would suggest those men who want to find a wife, go to that foreign country and learn the language and culture.

For those hopeful foreign ladies who wants to get a husband in sinkieland, everyone must read the clause on the part on sinkieness. You must know how to detect sinkieness in case harmful effect will spills out.

I am one who truly understand what sinkieiness is and how harmful it is to the development of being a human being.

So my advice to all those hopeful wife to be of unsinkified singapore husband, pls open your eyes big and check on the character of the person.

It will be easy as sinkie is not that intelligent to hide those sinkie character such as the article above has reported.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

I am one who truly understand what sinkieiness is and how harmful it is to the development of being a human being.

QUOTE]

CB Kia tonychat, u are a fucking disgrace to spore man..

talking big again??u understand? u understand kee lan:oIo::oIo::oIo: