• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - China chiobu explains the difference between spoken Mandarin in China vs Singapore

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

At 3:58 onwards, this ATB indirectly insults Singaporeans' (including her own hubby) command of both English & Chinese :

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beijing tiongs despise Guangzhou tiongs as the latter have thick Cantonese accent when speaking Chinese.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At 3:58 onwards, this ATB indirectly insults Singaporeans' (including her own hubby) command of both English & Chinese :

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are differences in the Hong Kong Cantonese versus the Singaporean Cantonese.
Singapore's Cantonese are half past 6 Cantonese. It's a combo of some Malay Hokkien words thrown in. Definitely no match for the pure Cantonese from HK. Even in Canton the Cantonese spoken there are not as good as in HK.

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in Canton the Cantonese spoken there are not as good as in HK.
This is true... it's because Hongkies have much higher education levels, and actually study classical Chinese literature, like the Taiwanese. All changing now though. CCP is very busy destroying HK these days.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's Cantonese are half past 6 Cantonese. It's a combo of some Malay Hokkien words thrown in. Definitely no match for the pure Cantonese from HK. Even in Canton the Cantonese spoken there are not as good as in HK.

When I go to HK, Hongkees think that I am a local there. There's a different way to speak Cantonese there and I can fake it quite well.