• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Video: 75 year old Ah Pek slogs like a dog to support grown-up kids

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
75 year old Mr Lai has 5 children. His family fortunes changed after his 2 youngest daughters committed suicide one after another. His wife, eldest daughter and third son were traumatized by the events and became mentally unstable as a result. His eldest daughter cooped herself at home everyday while his son talks to himself. Both are permanently unfit to work. Mr Lai now works as a karang-guni man from dawn to dusk daily to earn a living in order to support his family.

Watch the moving video here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/12/02/l...k-still-working-to-support-grown-up-children/

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i click the youtube link, and then i close it. why? the show host by quan yi feng. i cannot tahan quan yi feng. so i will pass.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i watched it too, unfortunately they are just one in many similar families in Singapore that has trouble like this. Don't keep complaining govt no help, they won't and its a fact! I normally think lowly of Mediacock but in this case, luckily they helped and its not easy nor fun to clean homes like these! Cleaned a couple of old folks home before, the smell of accumulated rot is beyond description, one sniff and you feel like puking

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
75 year old Mr Lai has 5 children. His family fortunes changed after his 2 youngest daughters committed suicide one after another. His wife, eldest daughter and third son were traumatized by the events and became mentally unstable as a result. His eldest daughter cooped herself at home everyday while his son talks to himself. Both are permanently unfit to work. Mr Lai now works as a karang-guni man from dawn to dusk daily to earn a living in order to support his family.

Watch the moving video here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/12/02/l...k-still-working-to-support-grown-up-children/

question here; did the ah pek have a hand in coercing the two younger daughters to commit suicide?