• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US scientists find ways to make electronic data self destruct

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
US scientists find ways to make electronic data self destruct

Washington (PTI): Worried that the college binge drinking photos posted on the internet will reappear to haunt during a job interview? Cheer up. Researchers have found a method that makes electronic data self destruct itself.

University of Washington researchers has developed a way to make electronic communications such as e-mail, Facebook posts and chat messages automatically self-destruct, becoming irretrievable from all Web sites, inboxes, outboxes, backup sites and home computers.

The prototype system called 'Vanish' places a time limit on text uploaded to any Web service through a Web browser.

After a set time text written will self-destruct.

Even the sender could not be able to retrieve them.

"If you care about privacy, the Internet today is a very scary place," said Tadayoshi Kohno, a UW assistant professor of computer science. "If people understood the implications of where and how their e-mail is stored, they might be more careful or not use it as often."

Computers have made it virtually impossible to leave the past behind with people inadvertently uploading data they find embarrassing later, he said.

The paper about the project will be presented at the Usenix Security Symposium August 10-14 in Montreal.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
my lanjiao more interesting you want to suck?

No mine is bigger you ugly pig head. You probably look like dung in real life too. Get a girlfriend and a life, then come back and suck my cock with your Cina Babi mouth and call me Dad.

Stupid worthless and insignificant garbage.