• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UOB Call Centre?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone called their call center recently tel: 1800 222 2121

The option to speak to a CSO doesn't seem available, strange but true.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
gave up on UOB call centre years ago when trying to call from overseas.

Press 1, press 0, press 2, press 0, please hold, press 1 (repeat the process 20X) and still no one picks up the phone.

So far best calll centre : Citibank & HSBC

Worst : DBS $ UOB

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the thing is

when I press the option to speak to a CSO. They say - leave my HP number and they will contact me with a week. I can't speak to a CSO at all.

I want to cancel my card, If I can't call to answer, I will have to go down to the Bank tomorrow. By March 1st, they will charge me $ for the card annual fee.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone called their call center recently tel: 1800 222 2121

The option to speak to a CSO doesn't seem available, strange but true.

If you are using of the UOB Credit cards/Debit Cards overseas, and encounter problems, like loosing it, fradulent transn., over charging....and you call 1800-222 2121...'gourd help' U.:mad:

You have to cylce through a voice menu...then you get the section you want, put oh hold forever, even you think, at 3am in the morning; off peak, you can not get through.

It is an excercise in frustration...and I thought, by now, after so amny years, they would have improved...

Yet, in 2009, I am reading this...'oh gourd"!:mad:

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is why I never call that line...I ahve the Infinite no to call..pik up within 3 rings...ALWAYS

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if you managed to call through, you may have problem understanding what the call center guy is speaking-english with a funny accent as they employ FT.
Basically the bank is saying-don't call us, we will call you if we need your business.I have closed all my accounts with UOB as I either cannot reach them or understand what they say.
If you don't pay, you will hear from their lawyers very quickly.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to cancel my card, If I can't call to answer, I will have to go down to the Bank tomorrow. By March 1st, they will charge me $ for the card annual fee.

Nowdays no need to pay annual fee for credit card lah.

Just ask them nicely to waive the fee. If they insist, just cancel & apply somewhere else. :rolleyes:

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if you managed to call through, you may have problem understanding what the call center guy is speaking-english with a funny accent as they employ FT.
Basically the bank is saying-don't call us, we will call you if we need your business.I have closed all my accounts with UOB as I either cannot reach them or understand what they say.
If you don't pay, you will hear from their lawyers very quickly.

which is why i have blasted them up to the VP telling them numoerous times abt this and when i call, I ASK FOR LOCALS TO TAKE MY CALL cf some bloody Ft pinoy who talks funnily....KNN

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the strategy of BIG corporation everywhere. When they want your business, they dispatch sales agents everywhere and send tons of brochures. It's easy to sign up for anything.

They have designed a number of packages with a point to reduce their operation cost & improve their efficiency. Once you try calling them for anything, it means they will incur cost to service you. If they are to provide good service, imagine the number of customer service & field reps they need to hire which will drastically increase their cost. They want to reduce flexibility to improve their efficiency. Since they are so big and few customers willing to make a big fuss, they generally get away with bad service. Many people don't have the patience to go thru the entire computer-programmed auto-reply and so most call won't get to a real customer service rep. This is cost saving for them.

The worst thing are subscriptions with auto-pay from your bank account or credit card, they will take forever to stop auto-pay if you decide to stop anything.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiring cheap foreign service rep is also another strategy to save cost. There is no real communication because language and culture gap, so get frustrated and you hang up phone. These rep don't have to spend so much time handling your call, call reduce and $$$ saved. There are companies that uses all these strategies to cut cost so that you won't bother them with your problems.

Many BIG corporation abuse their power when they are really BIG. Chances are you won't sue them for minor service issues and they can get away with anything. Best is to get the media involved.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many companies now hiring 6-sigma Black Belt not to improve service but to adopt LEAN process, i.e. reduce variance & cost. Less flexibility, more efficiency and so lower cost. Inevitably service will be affected. They then do customer survey with lots of manipulation so that they can show that their service is fantastic to generate more business. Questionnaire are designed to high-light their good points and statistics can be manipulated.

Welcome to the new BIG corporate world where profit is everything.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome to the new BIG corporate world where profit is everything.

Running a call centre means monitioring the drop out rate, call duration, number of calls etc. In Spore standards are low because customers expectations are low.

Those companies which do a better job are those non-Spore companies. :rolleyes:.