• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unusual Table Gifts At Wedding Reception Dinners

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently attended a wedding reception dinner @ The Shangri-La. Was surprised by the table gifts - a small Honey Pot with a pink bow for the Ladies and small package containing 4 test tube like containers with 4 different flavours of Tea - Chamomile, Rose, Jasmine and Lavender, for the Men; oh and small leaflet with the inscription "Best with Honey and Loved Ones"!

Quite a quaint and unusual table gift. Any others to share?

PS. The Mrs complained that she much prefer a taste of the traditional wedding cake with marzipan icing and fruitcake:biggrin: I must say the dinner spread this time at Shang was delicious:smile:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, it is just a wedding dinner. Now pple are upping the ante with all these table gifts. I really dun understand why Singaporeans want to out haolian everyone else.

I believe it is the charbohs with all these nonsense.

This kind of thing only discourage others from having wedding dinners. I always believe it is important for a couple to celebrate their marriage with a function. A simple lunch or dinner with a group of relatives and close friends will make the event memorable.

But pple are really overdoing the whole thing.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
well,it is a once in a lifetime occassion.
so if can afford it,why not.
but hopefully those who have it at these expensive's places do not get themselves into deep-hole just to show-off.