• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Until today, the situation has not improved

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>A signal to Changi for taking feedback more seriously
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Friday's article, 'Why Incheon is the world's best airport'.
It was reported that Incheon airport authorities take customer feedback seriously and never stop trying to improve. That attitude is a fundamental strength in policymaking.
I would like to give feedback on some problems I have experienced at Changi Airport.
First, I have given feedback on the difficulties experienced by passengers using their passport to clear the automated clearance lane. Until today, the situation has not improved. My suggestion of using identity cards (IC), which Hong Kong airport does now, was not seriously considered. Using passports is cumbersome as one does not know how far it should be inserted, often creating a line of passengers waiting behind.
Granted, children under 12 do not have an IC , but this is a minority group of travellers. In fact, most of them appear confused, without their parents accompanying them, as they try to use the automated lane.
While the implementation of the automated system was a smart move, this does not mean it is not without its problems.
Second, the security hand pat-down at the gate, carried out by security personnel, is both intrusive and an uncomfortable experience. At other airports, a hand-held device is being used instead.
Third, the lush carpet flooring in Terminal 3 is more appealing to the eye than practical. Often, I have seen wheelchair-bound passengers struggling to reach the gate. Also, let us not forget the wheeled luggage most passengers use.
I have used the feedback kiosk in the airport and always leave a contact number and an e-mail address. If the airport authorities want to make its work more engaging, a personal call will not hurt.
The report on why Incheon airport is the best in the world should be taken as a signal that the game plan has changed and feedback should be taken more seriously. Richard Thong Kok Mun

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The guy must be really dumb to actually have problems using the automated device. I've seen 80 yr old ah mah using it without any problems.

That said, SG have serious issues with Feedback, they never listen to them. I agree its something that we seriously need to improve on