• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unit Trusts From Banks

jw5

Loyal
Need some advice from those who have knowledge or experience.
Don't want to ask the banks as they may give me advice to further their interests, not mine.
If I have previously bought unit trusts from a bank, do not want to sell the unit trusts but would like to terminate relationship with the bank, is it possible to transfer the unit trusts from one bank to another? Or is there any other way to do this?
Thanks for any helpful advice.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some advice from those who have knowledge or experience.
Don't want to ask the banks as they may give me advice to further their interests, not mine.
If I have previously bought unit trusts from a bank, do not want to sell the unit trusts but would like to terminate relationship with the bank, is it possible to transfer the unit trusts from one bank to another? Or is there any other way to do this?
Thanks for any helpful advice.

YES
your new bank or financial adviser will be glad to assist
very straightforward

The Monkees

Alfrescian
Loyal
unit trusts,those small little fees will kill you if the trusts make only a little percent.
had a bad experience.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
unit trusts,those small little fees will kill you if the trusts make only a little percent.
had a bad experience.

You said it!
Have to pay those fees when they lose your money
Have to pay those fees (plus extra performance fee) when they don't lose
Frankly speaking, those fund managers spend a lot of time on "Marketing" the unit trusts, when they should be focusing on investments.
I used to work for one :wink: