• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unhappy that Amore outlet closes

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,208455,00.html?

Unhappy that outlet closes
July 23, 2009

AMORE Fitness' outlet at East Point Mall in Simei will close by 1 Aug, and its closure has raised the hackles of some of its customers.

One of them is civil servant Chloe Huang, 28. Early this year, she signed up for a three-year package worth about $3,000.

The package allows her to use facilities of all nine Amore outlets, except for the most recently-opened one at Tampines 1.

After the East Point outlet closes, Miss Huang, who lives in Bedok, said she is left with two options: Pay an extra $330 for a package upgrade to use the Tampines 1 outlet, or visit another outlet further away.

The nearest alternative outlet is at Heartland Mall in Kovan. She picked the first option.

Said Miss Huang: 'I'm unhappy because the management gave me a 'take it or leave it' attitude. There was also no letter or call to inform me of the closure (of the East Point outlet). I found out only from a notice pasted on the mirror at the gym.'

Her friend, a 28-year-old associate manager who gave her name only as Miss Teh, also faces the same predicament with her one-year package. She also lives in Bedok.

She did not upgrade her package, and now has to travel further for her regular workout.

Amore Fitness' deputy general manager Boydz Lim told The New Paper: 'Most customers who made the package upgrade are happy with the bigger facilities at Tampines 1.'

He said letters were sent to customers and that notices, announcing the closure, were placed on the notice boards of all its outlets.