• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unethical for a teacher to put up students' essays for public criticism?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
_Mean_teacher_criticises_student_on_facebook-topImage.jpg

A teacher in Singapore has been accused of being "mean" and "unprofessional", after she posted her student's essay on Facebook, accompanied by her criticisms.

A netizen, Florence, who saw the posts, submitted them to citizen journalism website, STOMP, complaining that is unethical for a teacher to do so.

"This photo received many comments from her friends. This is very unprofessional behaviour for a teacher."

One picture shows a student's essay, and is accompanied by a comment in Chinese, "Why did I make him write it in pen? I really brought this on myself."

In another comment she posted, she reproduced an error-filled sentence by 'student x', accompanying it with an emoticon that showed her frustration.

This is not the first time an incident like this has been reported.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hated my Chinese teacher in Secondary School in SG
Not only she is one old bitch, she was just a horrible teacher and forces everyone to rote learn by memorizing and "ting xie"
Everyday she just open her book and drone off. This is from a SAP school btw. I can only imagine how bad the quality of instruction it is in a neighborhood school.

They will import the best PRC Chinese teachers to replace these useless bums
Put them on a fellowship scheme or something

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Idiots who can't tell the diff between social and professional networking should be banned from facebook.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
For some schools, they should split the children into 2 groups. Those that speaks Mandarin at home and those english speaking one.

For Primary 1, since no exam, instructions should be in Mandarin for some lessons for the english speaking one. This will create an environment where they are more farmilar with the language.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can sue teacher for copyright infringement? Maybe should also get the teacher for unauthorised distribution of a literary work. :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only she is one old bitch, she was just a horrible teacher and forces everyone to rote learn by memorizing and "ting xie"
Everyday she just open her book and drone off. This is from a SAP school btw. I can only imagine how bad the quality of instruction it is in a neighborhood school.

They will import the best PRC Chinese teachers to replace these useless bums
Put them on a fellowship scheme or something

51281f26.jpg

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

wtf?? :confused:

sec sch still got ting xie?? sure or not. sap sch somemore. who u trying to bluff.:confused:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we submit reports to our bosses, do we expect them to criticise or even scold us for doing a bad job? Maybe.

But do we expect them to send out to other people to have a good laugh? This teacher is simply unprofessional.