• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Ugly half Sinkie plagarise Nyona cusine in her book!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
1634131611921.png

https://london.eater.com/22720370/makan-cookbook-plagiarism-elizabeth-haigh-sharon-wee-nonya-kitchen

The worlds of London food and international cookbooks are rocking after far-reaching allegations of plagiarism by a highly regarded chef. Cookbook publisher Bloomsbury Absolute has withdrawn Makan, the debut cookbook by Mei Mei owner Elizabeth Haigh, after allegations of plagiarism from Sharon Wee, the author of Growing Up in a Nonya Kitchen, a cookbook memoir published by Marshall Cavendish in 2012.

Wee issued a statement on her Instagram on Thursday 7 October, saying that she had been “distressed to discover that certain recipes and other content from my book had been copied or paraphrased without my consent in Makan by Elizabeth Haigh, and I immediately brought this matter to the attention of the book’s publisher, Bloomsbury Absolute.” Wee’s book is set to be republished in November 2021.

Eater contacted Wee, Haigh, and Bloomsbury for comment. Wee told Eater that she cannot elaborate on her statement for legal reasons; a spokesperson for Haigh said, “Elizabeth Haigh is not able to answer your questions, for legal reasons.” Bloomsbury Absolute initially returned an out-of-office auto-reply, before pointing to a statement given to industry publication The Bookseller, which followed a report in the Daily Mail: “This title has been withdrawn due to rights issues.”

Makan was billed as something of a culmination of Haigh’s ascent, first being head chef at Hackney restaurant Pidgin when it earned a Michelin star, and then for her own interpretation of a Singaporean kopitiam at Mei Mei, in Borough Market, which earned a pair of glowing reviews for a cuisine underrepresented in the city and was one of Eater London’s most impressive newcomers of 2019. Now the lasting legacy of Makan will likely be the discussion it has stoked about the genealogy of recipes and the responsibilities and pressures of cultural representation in the cookbook world, which prizes memories and personal anecdotes as the premier currency of legitimacy.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isnt it synonymous?
Slightly milder in taste wrt curry. Sambal is different. Cannot match malay standard. Sambal is the foundation of malay cooking. Screw that up and it's worthless.
That's why Malays can eat ikan/ ayam bakar/goreng with malay salad( ulam) and rice. No need gravy as long as there is sambal or air assam.

1634190439017.png

Attachments

• 1634190393390.png
    1634190393390.png
    666.6 KB · Views: 119

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politics is the best. Nobody will say u plagiarize if u copy every thing from Great Britain. :cool:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Perhaps I should also compile a list of my catering recipes into a cook book. The serfs at the dorms like my company's daily bento meal sets.