• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UEFA ordered to pay €100,000 for defaming referee Maric

IBelieve

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

UEFA ordered to pay €100,000 for defaming referee Maric

406211_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
May 28, 2014 7:31:00 PM

The Croat was investigated by the European game's governing body in relation to a game between Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split - but no charges were ever brought against him

Uefa have been ordered to pay damages of €100,000 to Bruno Maric after being found guilty of defaming the former referee.

Maric took the European game's governing body to court after being implicated in a match-fixing enquiry related to the 2009 Croatian Cup final between Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split.

He was questioned by Uefa investigators after awarding Dinamo a penalty and dismissing two Hajduk players but no charges were ever brought against him.

Maric decided to sue, seeking €1 million in damages and a formal apology.

A court in Daruva, Croatia, has now ruled in Maric's favour, with Judge Maja Sikora describing Uefa's investigation as "amateurish".

“I was not so concerned with the financial part of the judgment," Maric stated.

"For me the most important thing is that Uefa was found guilty for what it did to me and my family.

"This shows they cannot do whatever they want to people.”

Uefa has already confirmed its intention to appeal the ruling.