• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

u mad! cannot withdraw your money!!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Woman to take mental test
She challenged bank's call to assess her ability to handle $8.9m account
By Selina Lum

A 92-YEAR-OLD woman who sued OCBC Bank for freezing her $8.9 million account has been ordered by the High Court to undergo an independent psychiatric test.

Madam Hwang Cheng Tsu Hsu took OCBC to court after it refused to let her touch the money, on the grounds that it had doubts about her mental capacity.

Last month, a lower court granted OCBC's application for Madam Hwang to be examined by an independent psychiatrist to evaluate whether she was mentally fit to handle her finances.

Madam Hwang then challenged OCBC's move and appealed against the decision, as well as an earlier decision rejecting her request for summary judgment - asking the court to decide without a full trial.

On Tuesday, Justice Tan Lee Meng dismissed her appeal on the summary judgment issue. Her lawyer Andrew Ee then withdrew the appeal against the issue of appointing a psychiatrist.

At the hearing, OCBC's lawyer questioned if Madam Hwang was the one driving the lawsuit.

Why is she vigorously resisting being examined by a court-appointed expert if she is indeed mentally fit to handle her financial affairs, asked Mr Adrian Wong.

'This makes no sense unless the plaintiff (or the true engine behind the suit) is afraid that she will fail a re-examination.'

Madam Hwang's lawyer had pointed out that she had already been found mentally fit by a psychiatrist and a psychologist.

A separate application by Madam Hwang, asking the bank to release $18,000 a month as household expenses, will be heard at a later date.

The sum includes $3,600 for her adopted daughter, who is her caregiver and only child; $1,000 for toiletries; and $3,000 for holidays and entertainment.

The impasse between Madam Hwang and OCBC began in May when she and her daughter, Madam Amy Hsu Ann Mei, 43, went to the bank to ask about opening a joint account. The bank refused.

The women visited OCBC again in May to close Madam Hwang's account. This was also denied.

OCBC later said it had doubts about Madam Hwang's mental capacity.

The bank said it was acting prudently and refused to accept any instructions on any of Madam Hwang's accounts until she was shown to be mentally fit.

She proceeded to sue OCBC to have her locked funds returned.

Please har all you laucheow, pls spend all your money and withdraw your money before you become senile and mentally incapable....very soon your cpf funds also cannot withdraw unless you have a medical certificate of mental soundness!!! wtf is going on here!!! i mad or not mad, it's still my money...who are u to tell me i'm mad and that i'm incapable of making the decisions...if i like i withdraw the cash and give and distribute to everyone..or even burn the money....what's wrong??? got such case or not???

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF's wrong with OCBC? Only allow money go in, money cannot go out?? Si bei jia lat this country... Everyone act like PAP.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you can get two experts shrinks to examine the lady...and i bet both can come to different diagnoses....one shrink says mad - cannot withdraw. the other shrink will say can - can withdraw. one says she is of sound mind. the other, no! she's of unsound mind - cannot make any decisions!

which shrink will the high court choose? 92 year old and they subject her to such mental torture! wtf! man.

so once again, all you laucheow, pls har...got money better withdraw early before you are certified mad and of unsound mind. then your savings will be locked up forever!!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can get two experts shrinks to examine the lady...and i bet both can come to different diagnoses....one shrink says mad - cannot withdraw. the other shrink will say can - can withdraw. one says she is of sound mind. the other, no! she's of unsound mind - cannot make any decisions!

which shrink will the high court choose? 92 year old and they subject her to such mental torture! wtf! man.

so once again, all you laucheow, pls har...got money better withdraw early before you are certified mad and of unsound mind. then your savings will be locked up forever!!!

It's sometime a curse to live to such an old age, even if you have lot's of money.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so why are we saving? go and give yourself a blast. the banks might just collapse overnight and all your savings gone! go, cash it out and give yourself a treat! hallelujah!!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think it is that simple. Why does an old lady suddenly need 9million? The adopted daughter is behaving very suspiciously.

I think OCBC is doing a good job this time round.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dun think it is that simple. Why does an old lady suddenly need 9million? The adopted daughter is behaving very suspiciously.

might as well donate the 9 millions to charity - to nkf especially.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal

I concur. Most peole see things in BLACK AND WHITE!:(

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
obama will be kicked by his own americans before he could even swear into office...his is american's bogeyman and whippiing boy. poor fella.kenna conned.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she should have spend some of the money on gigolo. now she cannot bring it with her to the grave. the bank going to eat it up. like happy meals.