• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Typical cab-fare cheats are well-dressed women, say cabbies

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB taxi driver, must have ask her to suck his prick thereafter. Why pretend to be decent?

by Dewi Sriwahyuto

20090729.020427_20090729-myp-taxicheat-a.jpg

SURPRISE, surprise. The typical taxi-fare cheat is not a thug or Ah Beng but a well-dressed and well-spoken woman, say cabbies.

Her tactics might range from running away as the taxi comes to a stop, to leaving her bag in the taxi as "trust bait" while she "goes up to borrow money from a friend".

Cabbies that my paper spoke to say that encountering passengers who do not pay is just a hazard of their profession.

But it distressed them that fare cheats are so often "decent-looking" women.

Mr Steven Lim, 58, a cabby with TransCab, was duped thrice within a year by three different female passengers.

About two months ago, a Caucasian woman in her 30s boarded his cab in Killiney Road and asked to be driven to the Central Business District area.

The passenger said she did not have money with her but offered to leave her bag in the taxi while she ran up to her office to borrow money.

Mr Lim said: "I waited for 10 minutes and she never came down. I was hesitant to check her bag at first, but finally did and found only papers and an empty make-up case in it. I was so shocked."

A taxi driver with ComfortDelGro, who wants to be known only as Mr Tan, shared Mr Lim?s experiences. He had a bizarre encounter with a female passenger just last Saturday.

He picked up the woman, who was in her early 20s, in Lavender Street, and she wanted to go to People?s Park.

Mr Tan, 40, recalled: ?She was very gentle and nice, and told me that she wanted to be my friend.

"But as we were reaching the destination, she told me that she was poor and had no money."

Mr Tan was taken aback but he let her off without paying as he "couldn't do anything about it".