• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tweak penalty for consumption on trains

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Tweak penalty for consumption on trains
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the report, 'Drink-and-eat MRT riders on the rise' (July 4). It will be outright fines from now on for those caught eating and drinking in MRT trains and stations, as train operator SMRT said it will no longer issue warnings to offenders.
These rules will be implemented more strictly as some passengers have not followed them. Some passengers ignored signs in MRT stations and trains, thinking they would be let off with a warning if caught.
I believe the authorities tried to warn passengers to obey the rules, but it was not well implemented. I agreed that fast food and soft drinks should be banned, but stopping and fining the elderly or young children for drinking water may be too extreme.
Moreover, most offenders are not troubled by the $30 fine as it is not a big sum of money. I suggest SMRT either increase the fine or withdraw the new rule as people are not much affected by it.
Jasmine Tan (Miss)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>What SMRT did was just for a one day show where media was around to capture the implementation but do they really go around diligently during peak hours? Just yesterday, at City Hall station, 2 ladies were chomping Macs waiting for the train to arrive! Where were the men-in-red to fine them?

If SMRT is serious about this, they should do more rounds otherwise it is unfair to those who got fined by putting a candy in their mouths!

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: NonaSings at Fri Jul 24 07:49:49 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>