• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Trump Impeachment going ahead

Should Trump be impeached?

• Impeach the motherfucka!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Best Prez ever! Impeach? Over my dead body!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Who gives a shit...

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trump Impeachment Initiated (from CBS):

Pelosi launches formal Trump impeachment inquiry

BY STEFAN BECKET, KATHRYN WATSON, CAMILO MONTOYA-GALVEZ, GRACE SEGERS
SEPTEMBER 25, 2019 / 12:50 AM / CBS NEWS

Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the House is launching a formal impeachment inquiry into President Trump, setting up a dramatic constitutional clash just over a year before the presidential election.
"Today I'm announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," Pelosi said at the Capitol late Tuesday afternoon. The inquiry marks just the fourth time in American history a president has faced a viable threat of impeachment.
The speaker has long resisted calls from many progressive lawmakers to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president, but Democrats appear to have reached a breaking point over the administration's refusal to hand over a whistleblower complaint related to Mr. Trump's interaction with a foreign leader.
Trending News
"This week, the president has admitted to asking the president of Ukraine to take actions which would benefit him politically," Pelosi said. "The actions of the Trump presidency revealed dishonorable facts of the president's betrayal of his oath of office, betrayal of national security and betrayal of the integrity of our elections."
APTOPIX Trump Intelligence Whistleblower
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces a formal impeachment inquiry into President Trump, on Capitol Hill in Washington on Tuesday, September 24, 2019.AP
The current furor stems from a call Mr. Trump made to the president of Ukraine in July, in which he admitted discussing Joe Biden in the context of fighting "corruption" in the country. Mr. Trump and his allies, in particular personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, have accused Biden of pushing for the ouster of a Ukrainian prosecutor while he was vice president in order to benefit his son. The prosecutor was widely seen as corrupt, and no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden has emerged.
In August, an anonymous member of the intelligence community filed a whistleblower complaint with the intelligence community inspector general, who determined it constituted an "urgent concern" requiring congressional notification under federal law. However, after consulting with the Justice Department and White House, the acting director of national intelligence came to a different conclusion, and has refused to provide the complaint to congressional committees.
Pelosi said the administration's refusal to provide the complaint was a "violation of the law" that "undermine both our national security and our intelligence."
One after another on Monday and Tuesday, Democrats from vulnerable House districts who had been resisting previous calls for impeachment came out in favor of initiating impeachment proceedings, citing concerns over Mr. Trump's potential pressuring of a foreign leader to investigate a domestic political opponent.
The president directed his acting chief of staff to hold off on releasing nearly $400 million in military aid to Ukraine shortly before the call in July, according to a senior administration official with direct knowledge of the administration's actions.
Mr. Trump, who is in New York for the opening of the United Nations General Assembly, reacted angrily to Pelosi's statement, calling it a "total Witch Hunt!" Earlier in the day he said he would release the transcript of the call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that is part of the whistleblower complaint.

"You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo!" the president tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
That concession, however, did nothing to temper Democrats' demands for the complaint itself. Congressman Adam Schiff, the Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said the whistleblower wants to testify before the committee, and wrote a letter to attorneys representing the individual to request a voluntary interview on Thursday. -- Stefan Becket

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Bill Clinton never got formally impeached and he committed a crime and a sin.

What are Trump's chances?

Bill Clinton was formally impeached.

Trump may be formally impeached too.

However it means absolutely nothing because while congress is the prosecutor it is the senate that is the judge and jury and with the republicans well in control of the senate it is simply impossible to get the required super majority to remove Trump from office.

If anything this process will boost his chances of re-election considerably.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bill Clinton was formally impeached.

Trump may be formally impeached too.

However it means absolutely nothing because while congress is the prosecutor it is the senate that is the judge and jury and with the republicans well in control of the senate it is simply impossible to get the required super majority to remove Trump from office.

If anything this process will boost his chances of re-election considerably.

I stand corrrected. But it is a fact Clinton lied, and committed a sinful act.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please explain why you have come to that conclusion.

no concrete evidence from me, as a vivid observer, this news broke almost as soon after trump meeting with pm lee, too much coincidence. dun under estimate pm lee, i believed he is either main informant on indonesia or linked to cia in a way. he was there to pact that us navy remains in spore waters for the next 15 years besides his usual notary commendation.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
no concrete evidence from me, as a vivid observer, this news broke almost as soon after trump meeting with pm lee, too much coincidence. dun under estimate pm lee, i believed he is either main informant on indonesia or linked to cia in a way. he was there to pact that us navy remains in spore waters for the next 15 years besides his usual notary commendation.

John Tan's favourite PM. Look how hesistant he in in script

nterContinental New York Barclay
New York, New York

3:54 P.M. EDT

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, thank you very much. As we just said, we signed a very important agreement having to do with defense and mutual defense, and I guess you could say mutual offense, also.

But we — we’re now going to talk about trade. We do tremendous amounts of trade with Singapore. And the Prime Minister — highly respected. One of the truly most respected men anywhere in the world. And he’s been my friend for a long time. And we’re doing very well. But we do tremendous trade with Singapore, and we appreciate it very much, Mr. Prime Minister.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: Well, thank you, Mr. President. As you said, we’ve just signed an agreement to extend our memorandum of understanding on defense cooperation.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Right.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: It’s the second time we are extending this. It reflects the very good defense relationship we have between the two countries, but also reflects our broader cooperation and friendship.

And, in economics, we have an FTA between the U.S. and Singapore.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: The volume of trade is substantial, and the volume of investments, too. In Singapore, you are one — you are our most important foreign investor. And, in America, as small as we are, we have 55 billion dollars’ worth of investments —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s not too bad.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: — in many different states. And (inaudible) they tell me a quarter million U.S. jobs. So it’s not bad for a small country.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Not bad.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: We’d like to do more, and we hope that you will do more in Singapore and also in the Asia Pacific region.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, we had a very successful meeting with Kim Jong Un of North Korea, and it was in Singapore. And people don’t give that meeting as much credit as it deserves. The relationship was established, and it was a tremendous success.

And we saw each other there. Really got to know each other there very well. And you’ve done a fantastic job. It’s a great country.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: Well, we were very honored to host that first summit between you and —

PRIME MINISTER LEE: — Mr. Kim. We are happy that it has helped to turn the situation in Korea around and point it in the right direction. And we wish you every success in continuing to make progress on this very difficult task.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, thank you. It’s moving along pretty well, actually. So, thank you very much. That was a great couple of days we spent, and we enjoyed it. Thank you.

PRIME MINISTER LEE: Thank you.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you very much everybody.

Q Mr. President, why did you go to the climate change meeting today? What prompted you to pop in there?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Because I believe in clean air and clean water. It’s very simple. We have the cleanest air. We have the cleanest water. Cleaner than it’s ever been before in our country. And I like clean air and I like clean water.

Q Are you going to — could you give us a little flavor of your speech tomorrow? Are you going to bring up Iran, North Korea?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’re going to bring up a lot, Steve. We have a lot of different things to talk about. And if I talk about everything that we’re working on, it would go on for two days.

But there are a lot of things to talk about. We have a lot of really great relationships, and we have some relationships that are — let’s call it “in formation.” We’re being nice.

But we’ll be talking about Iran. We’ll be talking about various things that we’re doing. And we’re having tremendous success. We’re also going to be talking about the economy. As you know, Mr. Prime Minister, our economy is doing fantastically well. We have the best unemployment numbers we’ve ever had in most categories, and getting better. We just had some phenomenal results today, Steve, as I understand it. We just had — Wilbur, we just had a great couple of numbers.

Larry Kudlow, could you discuss that, please?

MR. KUDLOW: PMI —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Some great numbers just came out.

MR. KUDLOW: PMI — manufacturing, up. Up. Unfortunately, Europe’s was down, and Germany’s was down a lot. It looks like we’re in a turning zone back up on manufacturing.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Others were down, and we’re up. And we continue to go in the right direction. We’re getting numbers that we never anticipated having. And we’re doing very well. Other parts of the world are not doing nearly as well.

But — and I think we have tremendous potential upward.

Q Just on Iran, are you going to make the case to keep the pressure on them in your speech tomorrow?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I don’t want to say now, Steve. But, look, we have a lot of pressure on them right now. More pressure than they’ve ever had. And Iran knows that they’re in a position that they’re — a lot of things are going to happen. Let me just put it this way: A lot of things are happening with respect to Iran. A lot more than you would know. A lot more than the media knows. But a lot of things are happening. Okay? I’ll be discussing it a little bit tomorrow.

Anybody else?

Q Mr. President, are you content with the way Rudy Giuliani has been handling the Ukraine situation over the last —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I think he was excellent. I watched him the other night. I haven’t watched that show in a long time. I don’t watch CNN because it’s fake news. But I watched Rudy take apart Fredo. Fredo’s performance was incompetent. Rudy took him apart.

The press doesn’t give him credit because they take little tiny snippets, where wherever Rudy was a little bit — if he mispronounces a word, they’ll show that. They won’t show the whole. Rudy Giuliani took Fredo to the cleaners. It’s the first time I’ve watched CNN in a long time, too. I hate to watch it because it’s so fake.

Okay? Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you.

END

3:59 P.M. EDT