• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tribunal orders scratch-and-win firm to return RM5,598

/ASIA\

Alfrescian
Loyal

Friday October 22, 2010

Tribunal orders scratch-and-win firm to return RM5,598

n_34sofian.jpg

KLUANG: A scratch-and-win company was ordered by the Consumer Claims Tribunal to refund RM5,598 to a rubber tapper who was misled into believing that he could win a car or a holiday trip. Mohd Daud Mohd Shukri (pic), 20, told the tribunal that he was approached by an employee of Starr Healthcare Sdn Bhd at the carpark of a hypermarket in Batu Pahat on July 5.

He was asked to choose between two scratch and win tickets which could bring winnings including a car and a holiday trip. “The man explained to me that all I needed to do was to pay government tax of RM5,998,” he said adding that he was excited about the possibility of winning a car. Mohd Daud said he followed the man to an office at Taman Maju, near Batu Pahat where he paid a deposit of RM400 for the scratch and win.

“It was disappointing to find out that I only won a stove when I went back to the office with the money the following day,” he said, adding that the man offered to sell the stove for RM12,000 in order to refund Mohd Daud. Fearing something was amiss, he called the man but his phone had already been turned off.

He lodged a police report at the Batu Pahat police headquarters and was advised to file a claim with the Consumer Claims Tribunal.
In an unrelated case, a car service centre was ordered to refund RM808 to a plumbing consultant for failing to repair his BMW’s faulty air-conditioning. Sofian Fuad Md. Nor (pic), 44, said he sent his car to the workshop in Batu Pahat on June 29 after his air-conditioning stopped working.

“The workers at the workshop tried to fix the unit by replacing unnecessary parts, and when they failed to rectify the problem, they sent my car to another workshop in Muar without my consent. “I am very disappointed as my car air-conditioning system and cooling system are still faulty,” he said, adding that he was shocked that the bill was RM808. He paid the bill but when advised by a friend that it was an exorbitant amount, he filed a claim at the Consumer Claims Tribunal.