• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffice Poodles Only Interested in Issuing $ummons

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Pedestrians increasingly vulnerable these days
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the unfortunate traffic accident on Monday morning that took the life of Primary 4 pupil Mindy Neo and left her maid seriously injured.
Increasingly, pedestrians are at risk as motorists are less patient about giving way at pedestrian crossings.
My wife had a close encounter a few months ago. She made a report to the Traffic Police and provided the registration number. Till now, she has not received any update.
It is unfortunate that this accident occurred, and I urge the court to pass a deterrent sentence.
Another problem is that of motor cyclists riding and parking on footpaths. This is becoming rampant, especially with more barrier-free access across the island.
The Land Transport Authority and the Traffic Police should act.
Alvin New

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Review traffic rules to strengthen pedestrian safety
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Wednesday's report, 'Model pupil on her way to class dies in accident'.
I am very sorry about the death of Mindy Neo and I feel nothing but anger towards the many reckless drivers in Singapore.
About two months ago, my husband and I were nearly knocked down by a car when we were about to cross at the T-junction that links Tampines Street 34 and Street 32. The lights turned green in our favour and when we were about to cross, a black car turned left from Street 32 into Street 34 and nearly knocked into us. It then sped away without stopping.
Perhaps it is time for certain traffic rules to be reviewed, especially when vehicles and pedestrians are allowed to turn and cross respectively at the same time, although drivers are supposed to give way to pedestrians. Many times I cross the road with trepidation as I see vehicles moving quickly when they see the green arrow meant for them.
Kehk Bee Lian (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Reported errant motorists many times but received no reply

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Wednesday's report, 'Model pupil on her way to class dies in accident'.
Pedestrian crossings have become more dangerous as more and more motorists, especially motorcyclists, fail to observe the rule to give way to pedestrians.
I have written to the police many times with details of offending vehicles and offered to appear as a witness.
But none of my e-mail messages has elicited a reply.
Thomas Lee