• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top class service by SGH frontline staff

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > ST Forum > Online Story

SGH employee even opened car door for discharged patient

I WOULD like to highlight an incident regarding a young employee of Singapore General Hospital (SGH) who was on duty at the porch of Block 5 last Tuesday at about 1.45pm.

I was discharged after my operation and was waiting for my husband to drive our car to this block. As I waited, this smartly attired man asked if I needed a cab. I told him I was waiting for my husband.

Although he was wearing a mask, I could see his smile as he nodded in response and politely asked me to take a seat while I waited, as he could see I was in some pain. I declined as the nearest chair was some distance away from the entrance.

Picture my astonishment, when he went in and brought the chair out so I could sit down. Later, when our car arrived, he even opened the door for me.

Traffic at the porch at Block 5 was busy and I watched him as he cheerfully and politely directed taxis and private cars. Mind you, he must have felt hot in his uniform. But he displayed dedication in performing his job.

SGH hands out survey forms regarding inpatient services. I hope employees like him (who are not attached to the wards) are also commended when credit is due.

Kwek Guat Kheng (Mdm)