• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toadbox price increase. Heng ah, i have frequented them less than 5 times in my entire life

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal

Toast Box Raises Menu Prices For 2024: “This Decision Was Not Made Lightly”​

An iced Kopi O is now $3.70, while an iced Teh C is $3.90. A Toast Box spokesperson tells 8days.sg why the chain increased its prices.
Yip Jieying

Toast Box inflation price increase
Toast Box Raises Menu Prices For 2024: “This Decision Was Not Made Lightly”

Thoughts and prayers for your wallet: there is another round of price hikes at Toast Box. Those who frequent the casual toast-and-kopi chain would have noticed that they are now paying a little more for their food and beverages.

For instance, the price for a cup of iced Kopi O is now $3.70, while an iced Teh C is $3.90, about an increase of 50 cents from the previous prices.

No part of this story or photos can be reproduced without permission from 8days.sg.

Outcry last year about price increase
Toast Box was the subject of much discussion last year, when outraged netizens circulated photos comparing its prices from 2021 to 2023.

In January this year, prices for its Traditional Kaya Toast Set went up, from $6 to $6.20 (at the heartland Jurong Point outlet). It is now $8.20 at the Marina Bay Sands outlet.

Meanwhile, hot food like the Old School Hainanese Pork Chop Rice Set is $15, while a Spiced Drumstick Curry Rice Set is $16 at Toast Box’s Wheelock Place branch.

July 2024 price hike

The latest hike happened recently, on July 31.

Responding to enquiries from 8days.sg, a Toast Box spokesperson said: “Due to rising ingredient and operating costs, we have implemented a price adjustment with effect from July 31, 2024. This decision was not made lightly as we understand the implication and impact of these changes. However, these revisions are necessary for us to adapt to the current economic landscape, while maintaining our unwavering commitment to providing quality products and dining experiences.”

The spokesperson added: “We deeply value our customers, and appreciate their continued support and understanding as we navigate these challenging economic times.”

Toast Box declined to comment on the percentage increase for its prices from July 2024.

Photos: Facebook/ Toast Box, Yip Jieying

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't go such places. I invest in a cheap coffee capsule machine, buy Starbucks capsules, drink at home with air-conditioning turned on and video conference with friends.

It costs me less than $1 per coffee session and I avoided physical interaction with loudmouthed uncles and aunties.

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
Let those who continue to vote PAP get fucked in the arse by their own PAP related businesses. FUCK PAP :FU:

Last edited:

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't go such places. I invest in a cheap coffee capsule machine, buy Starbucks capsules, drink at home with air-conditioning turned on and video conference with friends.

It costs me less than $1 per coffee session and I avoided physical interaction with loudmouthed uncles and aunties.
Cause u are not a good investor ?

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest will dud sinkies choose 8 bucks starfucks over this toadbox set of 4 bucks?
I never go starfucks cos I make my own blue mountain coffee for less than 1 buck at home. I never go toadbox cos it tastes like shit.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest will dud sinkies choose 8 bucks starfucks over this toadbox set of 4 bucks?
I never go starfucks cos I make my own blue mountain coffee for less than 1 buck at home. I never go toadbox cos it tastes like shit.
Pls share. How to get $1 南山 kopi

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cause u are not a good investor ?
I never was.

Good investors like my mentor cum benefactor are 天選之人, smart but not overtly boastful.

I cannot compare myself with my mentor cum benefactor, as the saying goes 燈燭之光豈可與日月爭輝。

You admit you benefited from my mentor's Taylor Swift thread, so she is also your benefactor.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When F&B cronies raise prices, the propaganda machinery is obliged to do PR damage control for them.

Because it is no longer merely an economic factor, but a political one. :wink:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I go foodcourt or kopitiam and I want to drink ice kopi or teh bing, I just order a normal cup of hot kopi/the first for $1.20/$1.30. 10 mins later, I'll go and ask for a cup of ice kosong. Most places will charge $0.20 for it. Then I would pour the kopi/teh into the cup of ice and stir it. Total costs only $1.40/$1.50.