• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tissue Paper seat chopper Stomper Complain woh!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"I chope seats with tissue paper but woman and friend take them"

STOMPer Choppy alleges that this woman and her male friend took up seats which the STOMPer ‘choped’ with tissue paper at the Marina Square food court, even though they were told that the seats were taken later on.

In an email to STOMP today (Mar 23), the STOMPer wrote:

“I have a bad encounter with this woman and her male friend during lunchtime at Marina Square food court.

“I know that there are two different camps on the issue of ‘choping’ seats using tissue paper.

“I belong to the ‘local’ team (agreeing to use tissue paper) as this has been the culture in Singapore for many years.

“During the usual lunchtime crowd, it is not uncommon to see the empty tables being reserved by packets of tissue paper. Likewise, I did so by putting two packets there and went on to buy my lunch.

When I came back, this woman and a guy were sitting on my table.

“I told him politely that the seats were taken.

“He was not appalled but went on to retaliate that it was only occupied by twp packets of tissue paper.

“In a calm mode, I remarked that he was rude. He went on to comment that we were discourteous instead.

“Not wanting to prolong the argument, I stopped by saying ‘never mind’.

“He went on to tell his friend that he read about this issue in the papers and internet and how much he disagreed with those in the ‘local’ camp.

“Subsequently, after lamenting for a good five minutes, he shut his mouth and went on his own to grab his lunch.

“My female companion came along and took the seat beside the lady but this lady had the cheek to tell her that the seats were all taken.

“I told her bluntly that I have warned her about the taken seats prior to this. She went on to argue that we were wrong.

The STOMPer added that both parties snapped pictures of each other.

The STOMPer also claimed that this woman walked off after the STOMPer and his friend continued to ignore whilst they were having their lunch.

“But before she left, she continued her grumblings and lamented how ashamed she felt being a Singaporean. I was polite and only bade her goodbye.

“I would like to clarify that there are no rights or wrongs in this issue.

“However, having live in and knowing about this culture, I have learnt to embrace it. As mentioned earlier, it is not uncommon to see such sights.”

Lise Dale, who claims to be the woman in the picture that was sent in by STOMPer Choppy, wrote in an email:

“I would like to clarify on two points.

“1. My colleague and I were not rude. In fact, we explained why we did not honour that the table was taken with the placement of tissue paper.

“2. Even when I mentioned that there were three of us for a table of four, he deliberately asked his colleague to join in while my two colleagues went to get their food. I had asked them to get for me for food as well, while I waited at the table.

“I was at the Marina Square Food Court on Monday (Mar 23) at about 12.20pm with my two colleagues, and we were appalled to see the number of tables marked with tissue paper packed.

“This is indeed a discourteous act, as reserving tables with tissue paper packs is not proper, and selfish.

“Since we needed a table as well, my male colleague and I sat at one ‘reserved’ table while the other went to get her food.

"We were sat down for about five minutes when the guy who had placed the tissue pack approached the table.

“He told us that the table was reserved by him with his packet of tissue, to which we politely replied that such practice is not right.

“The proper practice is to have a friend sit while the rest go get their food.

“He ignored us and insulted us by calling us ‘childish’. At one point, he even and I quote said ‘If you don’t like our rules. Why don’t you go back to your own country?’

“I found this not only hurtful but insulting to me as a Pan-Asian Singaporean.

“Now I would like to point out that this guy is in no way uneducated or young.

“He appears to be in his late 20’s to early 30’s and an office executive indeed given that he was dressed in a shirt and pants, and may have been educated overseas (he spoke with an accent).”

She added that it was ‘insulting’ that he assumed that she was a foreigner.

“I have spoken to many of my local and overseas friends and they too find the practice of reserving tables an ungracious and rude practice,” she said

“I hope that we as Singaporeans can put a stop to this ungracious, kiasu tissue paper reserving of seats mentality.

“I challenge Choppy to be a man and place your photo on the net for all to see the real you.”

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=63420

===========================================================

What a retarded Stompper! Use stupid tissue paper to chop seats and still dare to complain... KNNBCCB!!

eErotica6969696969696

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
its bcos of idiotic stompers like these who use tissue paper to chop seat, thats y we see so many uncle auntie like to sell tissue paper at hawker center.

anyway the sell tissue paper uncle auntie also look for sala target mkt to sell the tissue, they shouldnt sell tissue to ppl who already got seat n eating or already finish eating. they should sell tissue to those looking to chop seats.

Ian6690

Alfrescian
Loyal
I, for one, do not support the practise of chopping seats with tissue packs, umbrellas, etc. If there is a person seating there reserving seats while his friends take turns to by meals, that is acceptable for me.

If I see such cases, would do the following:

Take the seat and move the tissue pack aside. If confronted with
1) Seat taken: I don't think so. I am already seating on it.
2) Table taken: I don't think so. No one was at the table before me. However you are welcome to join me. If not, that's fine with me also.
3) Tissue pack his/hers: Please take it and don't disturb me anymore.

Such ungracious acts has no place in any country.