• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Airways Suka Suka Change Airport to Land!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Landing queue
'The pilot of Tiger Airways decided to divert to an alternative airport instead of waiting for his turn to land.'
MR KUAH KONG BENG, Chief Air Traffic Control Officer, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore: 'I refer to Mr Laurence Lim's letter, 'No free water despite flight diversion, so crew chip in' (Sept 4). He asked why Tiger Airways flight TR455 left Kuala Lumpur when there were 11 planes waiting to land at Changi Airport. TR455 left Kuala Lumpur at about 1.35pm. About 30 minutes later, Singapore Air Traffic Control received an emergency landing request from an aircraft. In the interest of safety, that aircraft was given priority to land at Changi Airport and did so safely. The other aircraft arriving at Changi Airport were smoothly re-sequenced for landing at the airport. The pilot of Tiger Airways flight TR455 decided to divert to an alternative airport instead of waiting for his turn to land at Changi. We thank Mr Lim for bringing this to our attention.'

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the joker diverted the plane to Paya Lebar or to Batam; its a bit odd that the plane been diverted like that.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are operating on a tight budget, had to land fast, plane left KL with just enough fuel to touch down at Changi.

When they reach Changi not circle to land, they collect fare from customer on the return flight to KL to buy fuel.

NO more fuel to continue waiting.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG!!!!!

Its about time we remind our friends and family not to use budget cos they do not fuel the aircraft full at takeoff. Just the barest minimum. If im not wrong there is a law against this.

In the past, aircraft has crashed due to wrong gauges, miscommunication of refilling and miscalculation of fuel loadings.

I'd rather spend a bit more rather than put my family at risk; esp local budgets.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
budget airline land with no fuel onboard left, the engine is burning vapour at the end.

well, it work, dun believe me, next time, when you car flash for fuel, you ignore it, just drive on, you cannot believe how many hundred km you can drive even if it is zero.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
budget airline land with no fuel onboard left, the engine is burning vapour at the end.

well, it work, dun believe me, next time, when you car flash for fuel, you ignore it, just drive on, you cannot believe how many hundred km you can drive even if it is zero.

Wahhhhh......you have incredible insight!!!!!

Does that mean the plane can fly a few hundred kms more after the needle points to empty?

Geez, if so you have found a new law of physics....quick name it after yourself.

IDIOT'S LAW

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wahhhhh......you have incredible insight!!!!!

Does that mean the plane can fly a few hundred kms more after the needle points to empty?

Geez, if so you have found a new law of physics....quick name it after yourself.

IDIOT'S LAW

car not plane

learn to read first

and plane can glide for 30 mins without engine power

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG!!!!!

Its about time we remind our friends and family not to use budget cos they do not fuel the aircraft full at takeoff. Just the barest minimum. If im not wrong there is a law against this.

In the past, aircraft has crashed due to wrong gauges, miscommunication of refilling and miscalculation of fuel loadings.

I'd rather spend a bit more rather than put my family at risk; esp local budgets.

Going by the compraints against it, it's a matter of time Tiger Airways land into trouble. Knowing how irresponsible the the Familee is, expect 0 compensation and lies if anything happens. Boycott this fucked up airline. Vote out the PAPee scoundrels.