• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

this is what happened when your father has many wives and mistresses

cat

Stupidman
Loyal
www.bbc.com

DNA search brings siblings together after 70 years​

By Marcus White, BBC News
BBC (left to right) Jimmy, Lorraine and Josie
BBC
Josie Morey (right) found her brother Jim McLoughlin and sister Lorraine Williams through a DNA kit that was given to her as a Christmas present
Three half-siblings in their 70s have met for the first time after finding each other through a DNA match on a family history website.
Josie Morey, 76, from the Isle of Wight, was given a genealogy kit for Christmas by her granddaughter to find out more about her mixed-race heritage.
It led to matches with 77-year-old Jim McLoughlin in Liverpool and Lorraine Williams, 74, in Canada.
The trio, who were all born in Liverpool and share the same father, hugged and laughed as they met at a Southampton hotel.
The half-siblings embrace moments after meeting for the first time
The trio embraced as they met for the first time
Lorraine, who emigrated to Canada with her parents when she was two years old, said she had no idea her half-siblings existed.
She joined the MyHeritage site and discovered Josie, who had been put in a Barnado's home as a child and was eventually fostered by an Isle of Wight woman.
Josie said: "I was unplaceable because I was sort of in-between. I wasn't one or the other, black or white and nobody wanted me."
She said her heritage was jokingly discussed by her family in later life, prompting her granddaughter to buy the DNA kit.
The retired magistrate and health worker said: "It's been such an experience to find out we came from St Kitts originally."
Josie
Josie said her mixed-race heritage had been a mystery to her
Jim, a former amateur boxer and nightclub manager who was raised in convents, said he thought he had no other relatives.
He said: "I didn't have any heritage [and] I've gone full circle, from nothing to finding out what my background is.
"It's like having a library and having books missing that you've been looking for for years.
"And suddenly you find them, you put them in and everything slots into the right place."
The siblings were in contact for a year before Lorraine decided to come to the UK for the meeting.
Lorraine and Jim
Lorraine was taken as a child by her father to Canada while Jim grew up in convents
Her sister Valerie, who also shares the same father, was unable to travel.
The trio hid in separate rooms in the hotel before being united in front of invited journalists.
Lorraine said: "The actual moment was wonderful. I couldn't help but jump up and down.
"It's surreal and gleeful and joyful and astonishing - it's everything all at once."
Josie said: "There's a lot of love and I'm amazed at that. I'm amazed at how I feel about them."