• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This country is going to the dumps

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few days back, the PM, unabashedly argued for a one-party state, claiming that it was in the best interest for the tiny island that it didn’t have unsavory “adversarial politics”. It is quite ironical, for someone who claims to have the mandate to lead the country through a popular election. Reading his speech, it even struck me that he sounded like someone who truly believed what he said, and not just because, conveniently, he was the leader of the perpetually incumbent party with near absolute dominance of parliament.

Much has been said on the net and the state media about his view and Singapore’s one party system. I’m not here to add to the argument about whether a one party or two party system is theoretically better because much has been discussed. My focus is whether THIS current government is fit to lead. Besides, I’m a realist and let’s be fair. Singapore has become what it is today due largely to the foundations laid by the MM and his team of leaders, which was followed by the SM. Under their somewhat hard-nosed leadership, Singapore today has become pretty much the best place to live in S.E. Asia. Regardless of what criticisms we may level at them - I’ve had a good roof over my head, a good environment to grow up, I’ve had overabundant food, I’ve had an excellent education, so I’m not about to be an ungrateful brat by blindly bashing them and discounting their remarkable achievements thus far.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/25/this-country-is-going-to-the-dumps/

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has become what it is today due largely to the foundations laid by the MM and his team of leaders, which was followed by the SM. Under their somewhat hard-nosed leadership, Singapore today has become pretty much the best place to live in S.E. Asia. Regardless of what criticisms we may level at them - I’ve had a good roof over my head, a good environment to grow up, I’ve had overabundant food, I’ve had an excellent education, so I’m not about to be an ungrateful brat by blindly bashing them and discounting their remarkable achievements thus far.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/25/this-country-is-going-to-the-dumps/

I beg to differ. Singapore was part of malaya to begin with until a Harry wanted power and got kicked out. With nothing to mine on, HArry go on to lick boots of USA who is interested to meddle in Muslim world. So they decided Singapore would be a good sticking point to monitor situation in SEA.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leegime does not understand how dangerous things can be with shattered dreams of people due the doing of PAP. Some of that resentment may even come from within.