• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Ultimate Objective

jw5

Loyal
I may be a cynic, but it's my opinion that people in this world, aka the scummy human race do things mostly for only 1 reason: To show off.

Feel free to have different opinions or comments, but let's take travelling overseas for a holiday as an example. How many people really take overseas holidays simply because they love to visit those places they have never been before? Really just love to visit those places? Or is it to show off or boast one or more of the following:

-- That they have been to this country.
-- That they have been to this place or site.
-- That they can afford to go for the overseas holiday.
-- That they went with such and such a person, usually a new partner or spouse.
-- That they took such beautiful pictures of their narcassistic selfs.
-- That they can afford to take time off work to go on a holiday.
-- That they can relax and enjoy life.
-- That they have been to this place which oher people they know have already been. Keep up with the Joneses so to speak.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reckon you're being a tad judgmental here. I for one have never been to a place to fulfil any of the reasons above. Oh yeah but I concur with you on the taking photos part. To me, the experience and memories of having been to a lovely place is enough, though taking photos without the traveller in it is still acceptable I guess.