• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The removal of Mr Richard Wan as an editor of TR Emeritus

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/26/the-removal-of-mr-richard-wan-as-an-editor-of-tr-emeritus

[h=2]The removal of Mr Richard Wan as an editor of TR Emeritus[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
February 26th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

richardwan.jpg
TRE's Master Apologist Richard Wan

We refer to the many emails and comments urging the team at TR Emeritus (TRE) to remove Mr. Richard Wan as an editor and for TRE to revert to its former stealth mode.
Although we had strong apprehensions about Richard publicly revealing his identity, we respected his decision and he surfaced. We had expected petty harassments, but what hit Richard were beyond our wildest imaginations. Not only had the recent events honed Richard into a master apologist, it also gotten Richard hooked to collecting letter of demand as a hobby (tic).
Regardless, Richard surfaced with our blessings and as such, for the record, we do not intend to remove Richard as an editor of TRE nor will we consider doing so. TRE do not leave any man behind just because he may be a potential liability.
When asked by another editor if he is contemplating resigning as an editor from TRE, Richard, despite taking the “absolutely not” expected hits, said that he is adamant to see the transition of TRE from the former Temasek Review (TR) through and “face the music”, but “wished that he could turn back the clock.”
With that out of the way, we would like to bore our readers with a brief history and clarification of the direction that TRE intends to take.
Before the former TR went down, it was practically dedicated to bashing for the purpose of bashing, given its anonymous status because “you cannot catch me”. Despite its huge followings, it was in our opinion serving no real purpose and going nowhere. With its position of anti anything with the PAP logo, it was not offering anything constructive towards the betterment of Singapore. In fact, many readers opined that it was a club for the “PAP fuckers”, i.e. anything PAP also fuck. In spite of some well-written and constructive articles, it was not taken seriously – a grave injustice to the contributors.
After the former TR went offline in late 2011, this team felt that it would be a waste, given the huge followings that it has. As such, we decided to re-launch the site and transform it into a more responsible site, which can openly contribute more actively towards the betterment of Singapore, an “aspiration” shared among all its readers, past and present.
TRE-new.png
With this intended course of transformation, many readers are apprehensive and some have even expressed concern that this TRE has flipped to the “white side” and maybe even now a “white mole”. Some even opined that we may have been “bought over” by the “white side”. Our reader’s concerns are not without reason, given the fact that it was (unfortunately) TRE, which blew the whistle on former Member of Parliament Mr Yaw Shin Leong.
To this, we would like to assure our readers that we are still on the “dark side” and have not renegade to the “white side”. In fact, this TRE is on the “red side” to be exact, i.e. Singapore.
We are not for nor against PAP, SDP, RP, WP, any other “P” but for the betterment of Singapore. Given the state of affairs in the local media, of course we are more sympathetic towards the opposition cause but we are not affiliated to any of the opposition parties. This is necessary to balance the unbalanced, but should not be construed as we being anti-PAP or anti-government.
We criticize because we have to, not because we want to and as long as any political party has the interest of Singaporeans at heart and the betterment of Singapore as an “aspiration”, whichever party forms the government is irrelevant.
TRE aims primarily not to merely amuse and entertain, but seek to inform, to arouse, to mold, to educate and at times even anger, public opinion.
We acknowledged that it is difficult for our readers to adapt to our transformation from a “no holds barred” to a “cleaner and more responsible” blog site but we are confident that our readers will understand that this is the correct and needed direction to take if we were to be taken seriously.
Please help us in the transformation by refraining from making comments that are unlawful, unwarranted and those that may get Richard’s seriously bruised arse into trouble.
We welcome reader’s scrutiny, for from that scrutiny comes understanding, and from that understanding comes support or opposition. And both are necessary for we have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our team, when they are fully informed.
With the amicable resolution of the complaints and moving forward, TRE intends to be candid about its errors, for a wise man once said:
An error does not become a mistake until you refused to correct it.
We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors, and we expect our readers to point them out when we missed it. For without debate and criticism, no socio-political website aiming to be responsible can succeed.
TR Emeritus
* We thank all our readers for their feedback and recommendations.
** Editorial Team (-1) notice to Richard: Don’t even think of editing this article!

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No longer read anything from TRE.

It's a joke they proclaim that they are the voice of SINGAPOREANS. Please, the webmaster should insert the 60.1% into their web.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guys are hopeless. Let me attempt to put together a proper press release.

"We will fight this govt, but we would also like to be candid and apologise for our errors. We ask our readers to refrain from making unlawful and unwarranted comments but we will still fight this govt. We will fight this govt but we will move from no holds barred to a "cleaner and more responsbile" blog site. In essence, the revenue needs to be protected, its a good game so lets not lose sight of it. How we fight the govt is not the issue. Lets try and have our cake and eat it"

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me guess,

Richard Wan - The stupid one whose head is on the chopping board.
PRC Editor - The same one that was in the old TR.
US Editor - This is person dun exist.
Others - Opposition party supporter is within the Editors.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"We will fight this govt, but we would also like to be candid and apologise for our errors. We ask our readers to refrain from making unlawful and unwarranted comments but we will still fight this govt. We will fight this govt but we will move from no holds barred to a "cleaner and more responsbile" blog site. In essence, the revenue needs to be protected, its a good game so lets not lose sight of it. How we fight the govt is not the issue. Lets try and have our cake and eat it"

You startled me, drinking my morning cup of coffee, for you sounded very familar, of a speech, spoken ages ago!

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe,..." quote (abridged)

We don't wan, don't wan, wan!

:biggrin:

Last edited:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

shhh dont pecah lobang lah

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me guess,

he is the smart one gaining from the controversy. fall guy after fall guy he put to head singapore tr site. played joseph ong out first. now playing richard wan out. i

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me guess,

Hey, what about that Molina Han from Panama? No longer involved?