• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The mouse who barked and why play guitar not enough

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Lim Swee Say's words of wisdom, I realise it is not enough I can play guitar and shake my booty. Like the mouse I must learn to bark as well, plus can get subsidy from Spur I hope

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_334226.html

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Feb 4, 2009
Budget 2009 Debate
Mouse who barked
By Li Xueying

Labour chief Lim Swee Say recounted the tale of a mouse that barked like a dog to get across a solemn message: it is important to upgrade one's skills. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

A MOUSE met a cat. The mouse barked like a dog. That scared the cat away.
To great levity in the House on Wednesday, labour chief Lim Swee Say recounted the tale to get across a solemn message: it is important to upgrade one's skills.

In an impromptu speech to rebut criticisms of the Jobs Credit scheme, Mr Lim said: 'We must never hope for a no-pain solution because there's no painless way out of global recession.'

He then told the tale of a kingdom of mice that 'lived very peacefully' until a cat appeared. The mice Parliament convened to discuss how to overcome their new fear.

One mice MP proposed a very simple solution: hang a big bell on the cat's neck so that it can be heard wherever it goes. Another suggested that it be big and heavy 'so that by the time the cat sees us, it will be so heavy, it cannot keep up with us'.

But there was a snag in implementing it. Who will bell the cat?

'There was no volunteer,' said Mr Lim.

The idea failed and the cat continued to move around freely while the mice lived in fear. One day, a mother mouse and her baby were hunting for food when the cat cornered them.

Trapped, the mother did the unexpected: she stared at the cat and barked, sending the feline fleeing.

To laughter from the MPs, Mr Lim said: 'The mother mouse turned and told the baby mouse: 'See, now you understand the importance of upskilling and re-skilling'.'

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
And we sent him overseas on a scholarship.

So, the boss said using onions and chillies can stop the rain from falling down, and the arse-licking serf suck up with the mouse that can bark.

We better believe this Sia Sway guy can stooooooooooop so low to please his master.

Last edited:

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm, why wasn't i informed of His will to make a mouse bark?

oh ye of little faith

have you been going to church faithfully and reading the book

or do you squander your time chatting with pagan netizens who cast doubt on him and worship richard dawkins

pray pray now that the mouse would bark and singapore would climb out of recession

Z

Zombie

Missing the point.
When there is no food in the vicinity, so what if the mouse can bark or even roar?

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
We pay this idiot millions of $ in salary to tell stupid story while the nation is facing a serious economic crisis. This retard minister really makes me mad every time he opens his freaking mouth to talk nonsense. :mad::mad:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
293drih.jpg

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need mouse to bark

as long as wait staff know how to clean

and cleaners know how to be waiter/waitress can already lah

multitask and don't yaya papaya enough

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need mouse to bark

as long as wait staff know how to clean

and cleaners know how to be waiter/waitress can already lah

multitask and don't yaya papaya enough

Please let me know your restaurant business address, I wish to test your foreign so-called talent worker skill and attitude.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
webmaster, this guy has been stalking me every thread

please use your judgment and do the necessary

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
The story didn't end there..

The mouse community then then teach all their mouse to bark, that attracted the stray dogs nearby and they came in packs, the mouse was shock to see so many dogs and started to panic and run around, the dogs give chase and kill every one of them.

The dogs live happily ever after.

The End.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh.. the message I get is this fella is a mouse who's pretending to be a dog. Are they subtlely telling us they are not the stellar talents they claim they are?? :confused:

:oIo::oIo: