• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Intelligence of Mother Nature?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
To: pylae (7 of 20)

5376.7 in reply to 5376.1

living things interact with its environment constantly to continue changing, for the better or for the worse, it doesn't really have any bearings on intelligence, merely a continuum of actions and reactions.

it doesn't really take intelligence to create a meandering stream, gravity and the landscape can take care of itself. it doesn't take intelligence for the mountains to form, plate tectonic movements over time can take care of that.

to be intelligent, it is nothing merely having the neurons in the brain firing slightly more rapidly than the others and having stored more information and being capable of retrieving and manipulating the data sets in the brain: which ultimately is reduced to mere electrical signals responding to a stimulus.

there's only more to prove that Homo sapiens are plain morons and incapable of living in harmony with his/her surroundings and constantly having to change or destroy it so that he/her can survive.

oh, and i forgot to add that it was the flying spaghetti monster who asked me to write all these. =)

To: zhihau (9 of 20)

5376.9 in reply to 5376.7

your proposal is as insane as someone walking across a rolex submariner on orchard road and claiming that through millions of years of chance happenings, tiny metal gears were formed from constant erosion of the wind and rain, and by chance they got hooked up together to form a highly complex piece of machinery. And they happened by chance to be in this big basin like structure which is the oyster case of the rolex.

And it came in such gorgeous colours also by a fluke of nature and a sapphire crystal by chance fell on it and just happened to be the same size and shape and was polished into shape through the passage of time, wind and rain. The second, minute and hour hands plus the designs on the face of the watch all formed from "evolution."

Or perhaps the scupltures of the faces of US presidents on mount rushmore was also a chance coincidence and a fluke of nature. in fact in another few hundred years, perhaps people might say that aliens did it or something.

have you even any idea of how complex our human biological systems are? In comparison with the rolex, the rolex will be about as complex as a mechanical pencil compared to a Cray supercomputer (our human bodies). Our bodies are mostly self-regulating, self-cleaning internally, self-repairing to some extent, self-healing, able to adapt to a wide variety of environments and food sources, quality and quantity of food source, able to store more when in starvation etc.

try filling up your car with chicken, or vegetables, or even olive oil or lard or ghee and see if it runs. scratch it and see if it heals by itself, see if it can clean out it's engines by itself. your car was designed by a designer, and it'll be crazy to say the car came about by evolution, and people who're perfectly sane can suggest that a system as complex as our human body came about by chance?

explain to me how an eye evolved for example, when there was absolutely no eye in the beginning. how did an eye come about by chance, and why was there a need to evolve an eye, and how it can possibly evolve from absolutely nothing. and how did the body know by itself to create a lens in the eye, did it study physics? what curvature did it know to use so that the light focused exactly on the retina? or to design a retina to capture light and interpret the signals to the brain so that our brain can see? and who told the brain to "invert" the picture the retina sent (because the retina sends it upside down)? does it mean that there existed a species of humans in which the brain was slowly rotating the picture during this "evolution" process, so our ancestors saw the world sideways or at 32.5 degrees inversion? how did that evolve without intelligent design? Why do all living creatures on earth see the "right side up?" why aren't they in a state of evolution, if evolution theory is right? shouldn't then the mudskippers see inverted pictures in their brain?

that's just an eye. we have the entire reproductive system, digestive system, mechanical systems, our brain, our waste management system etc.

and also how the intricate feedback systems in our body works together to regulate things like temperature, digestion, etc.

even if you disagree on which religion is the true one, the smartest and most knowledgeable philosophers (who were non-religious) have already put forth that they believe it is infinintely more probably that there exists a God, then there being no God.

many people base their beliefs on a question. "how could there be a god if such and such happened?" and from there they conclude that there is no god, but they didn't bother trying to find an answer to base their beliefs on. they basically base their belief system on a question.

E.g. how can we make machines that fly = it's impossible to have flying machines.

you'll find that the answer is out there if you actually bothered looking. i know as i was a skeptic in the past too, but at least i figured it's an answer worth spending some time thinking/researching about. if i were wrong, my afterlife in eternity would really suck now wouldn't it? and that's a really huge gamble!

So there to your flying spaghetti monster.

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

your proposal is as insane as someone walking across a rolex submariner on orchard road and claiming that through millions of years of chance happenings, tiny metal gears were formed from constant erosion of the wind and rain, and by chance they got hooked up together to form a highly complex piece of machinery. And they happened by chance to be in this big basin like structure which is the oyster case of the rolex.

And it came in such gorgeous colours also by a fluke of nature and a sapphire crystal by chance fell on it and just happened to be the same size and shape and was polished into shape through the passage of time, wind and rain. The second, minute and hour hands plus the designs on the face of the watch all formed from "evolution."

Or perhaps the scupltures of the faces of US presidents on mount rushmore was also a chance coincidence and a fluke of nature. in fact in another few hundred years, perhaps people might say that aliens did it or something.

have you even any idea of how complex our human biological systems are? In comparison with the rolex, the rolex will be about as complex as a mechanical pencil compared to a Cray supercomputer (our human bodies). Our bodies are mostly self-regulating, self-cleaning internally, self-repairing to some extent, self-healing, able to adapt to a wide variety of environments and food sources, quality and quantity of food source, able to store more when in starvation etc.

try filling up your car with chicken, or vegetables, or even olive oil or lard or ghee and see if it runs. scratch it and see if it heals by itself, see if it can clean out it's engines by itself. your car was designed by a designer, and it'll be crazy to say the car came about by evolution, and people who're perfectly sane can suggest that a system as complex as our human body came about by chance?

explain to me how an eye evolved for example, when there was absolutely no eye in the beginning. how did an eye come about by chance, and why was there a need to evolve an eye, and how it can possibly evolve from absolutely nothing. and how did the body know by itself to create a lens in the eye, did it study physics? what curvature did it know to use so that the light focused exactly on the retina? or to design a retina to capture light and interpret the signals to the brain so that our brain can see? and who told the brain to "invert" the picture the retina sent (because the retina sends it upside down)? does it mean that there existed a species of humans in which the brain was slowly rotating the picture during this "evolution" process, so our ancestors saw the world sideways or at 32.5 degrees inversion? how did that evolve without intelligent design? Why do all living creatures on earth see the "right side up?" why aren't they in a state of evolution, if evolution theory is right? shouldn't then the mudskippers see inverted pictures in their brain?

that's just an eye. we have the entire reproductive system, digestive system, mechanical systems, our brain, our waste management system etc.

and also how the intricate feedback systems in our body works together to regulate things like temperature, digestion, etc.

even if you disagree on which religion is the true one, the smartest and most knowledgeable philosophers (who were non-religious) have already put forth that they believe it is infinintely more probably that there exists a God, then there being no God.

many people base their beliefs on a question. "how could there be a god if such and such happened?" and from there they conclude that there is no god, but they didn't bother trying to find an answer to base their beliefs on. they basically base their belief system on a question.

E.g. how can we make machines that fly = it's impossible to have flying machines.

you'll find that the answer is out there if you actually bothered looking. i know as i was a skeptic in the past too, but at least i figured it's an answer worth spending some time thinking/researching about. if i were wrong, my afterlife in eternity would really suck now wouldn't it? and that's a really huge gamble!

you need to read more science books...good ones. period.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i saw your "how the eye came about" thing i know your biology knowledge sucks. one who bothers to read a bit about it knows that theory of it has already being established donkeys of years ago through observations of deep sea creatures.

read more science text, it will fucking open your eyes.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i saw your "how the eye came about" thing i know your biology knowledge sucks. one who bothers to read a bit about it knows that theory of it has already being established donkeys of years ago through observations of deep sea creatures.

read more science text, it will fucking open your eyes.

if you look at the crowd in the video, you know who it's intended for.

do you really think these folks want to start discussing about Sox or Hox signaling? :biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you look at the crowd in the video, you know who it's intended for.

do you really think these folks want to start discussing about Sox or Hox signaling? :biggrin:

what can you expect from someone, whose book can be easily altered when science proved it to be wrong?

1) earth was flat
2) sun revolved round the earth

these 2 fucking moronic beliefs made the lan jiao church killed tons of scientists and great minds in the past.

WHEN THEY KNOW FOR SURE THROUGH MATHEMATIC MODELLING THAT EARTH WAS ROUND AND EARTH REVOLVE ROUND THE SUN....

SLOWLY......any mentions of these "2 facts" DISAPPEAR FROM THE BIBLE.

why har??

To be honest, if there is no such things as religions. i believe human race knowledge might be 1000 years ahead of current technology.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
To be honest, if there is no such things as religions. i belief human race knowledge might be 1000 years ahead of current technology.

what had happened in the past, we can't change. that's why i look forward in creating a better future for the posterity? :smile:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
what had happened in the past, we can't change. that's why i look forward in creating a better future for the posterity? :smile:

the sad thing is real freedom of speech to express their view/research of scientist were only obtained in the last 100/200 years.

i am still very much surprise that there are still bloody xtains trying to instilled their ancient backwards thinking into this modern society.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal

So now that it has become inconceivable to all that this is not a mere academic discussion but more specifically, that between creationists and evolutionists.

The thing that most people don't know or understand (especially those who take up Western religious beliefs), is that, all things originated from thought. If there isn't thought, then there won't be form, and then evolution, the situational and circumstantial actions and reactions.

Thought itself is varied and at times complex, which can't be denied, thus the coming into forms of and uniform and diverse shapes and colors.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now that it has become inconceivable to all that this is not a mere academic discussion but more specifically, that between creationists and evolutionists.

The thing that most people don't know or understand (especially those who take up Western religious beliefs), is that, all things originated from thought. If there isn't thought, then there won't be form, and then evolution, the situational and circumstantial actions and reactions.

Thought itself is varied and at times complex, which can't be denied, thus the coming into forms of and uniform and diverse shapes and colors.

wondering are you trying to explain things using buddhism idea of 12 dependence origins?

i hope not, for if you are.....all i can says is that reread the text again with good interpretations that comes along with it.