• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Gahmen extends retirement age to 67!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Wah now the gahmen extend retirement age from 65 to 67. Singapore a bit expensive to live in so no choice need to work till later age, will the new retirement age work to our benefit?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/extending-re-employment/1141454.html

The retirement age in NZ has been 65 for many years. It will be extended to 67 in the not too distant future. The issue will be on the agenda in the coming election.

http://thestandard.org.nz/the-retirement-age-debate/

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are NOT interested of your New Zealand news :wink:

So when are you coming back to Singapore ? Or you wish to remain a QUITTER ? :biggrin:

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
The retirement age in NZ has been 65 for many years. It will be extended to 67 in the not too distant future. The issue will be on the agenda in the coming election.

http://thestandard.org.nz/the-retirement-age-debate/

That's interesting to hear. Yes this issue will definitely be up for argument in the coming elections. With longer retirement age, that means employers will have some form of obligation to not terminate someone for being too old or even help re-employment. that's just my thoughts though.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
great you should not retire until you die
that's the way to go

wonderful, i can now be gainfully employed up to 80 and more

majulah singapura!!!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the CPF pay out will now shift from 62 to 65..

How do i know?

They always ask me to move the goal posts whenever they need to do so! LoL

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retirement age is just a figure, if I kena this Thursday Toto 1.3 millions
limpeh throw letter at my boss 24 hours.
But seriously, if we think our savings are enough, do we need to work until 67?
I think the most I go is 62 or earlier. I am worth 1 million now, housing, cpf,savings, everything.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon they will shift the goal post such as life expectancy for Sinkies are 100 and draw down age at 80. Together we can Huat the fuck again

all these good measures are done for the good of singaporeans
the state will be responsible for everything
many singaporeans simply cannot manage themselves

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you speak to this 62 to 67 year old they will tell you they want to continue to work not that they needed, but it keeps them away from boredom... my director boss who just turned 63 this year are begging my company to extend his contract by another year and confessed to me he will just be bored at home

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you speak to this 62 to 67 year old they will tell you they want to continue to work not that they needed, but it keeps them away from boredom... my director boss who just turned 63 this year are begging my company to extend his contract by another year and confessed to me he will just be bored at home

great !
i totally agree