• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The best scenes out of Singapore

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol

lee-hsien-loong-happy.gif

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the Ah Pek and Nonyas fight like gangster.
and ask each other "What number you"

Fighting over 'territory': 2 groups of seniors clash in Chinatown, 1 woman injured​

A long-standing dispute between two groups of seniors in Chinatown turned ugly when a fight on Saturday (July 13) evening landed one woman in hospital.

The altercation started as a verbal spat over 'territory' at the Garden Link Bridge, which saw the police called in, reported Shin Min Daily News.

Acting on a reader tip-off, a Shin Min reporter who arrived at the overpass after 7pm spotted about 20 seniors from a dance group at the pavilion and 16 people from a singing group at the nearby sheltered walkway.

The singing group was reportedly blasting songs from loudspeakers, drowning out the dance group's music and forcing them to stop. Two women from the singing group subsequently started dancing at the pavilion.

150724-chinatown%20fight.jpg

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/f...roups-seniors-clash-chinatown-1-woman-injured

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gangsta
lol

Chinatown slashing: Woman gets 8 stitches, fractures foot after trying to save husband from attacker​

chinatown%20stabbing.jpg

The victim of last Sunday (July 28)'s slashing incident at Chinatown Complex Hawker Centre has received eight stitches in her back after trying to save her husband from his attacker.

Wang, 53, who is currently hospitalised at the Singapore General Hospital, told Shin Min Daily News: "There were knife fragments in the wound on my back, which were removed.

"I have to carry a bottle of medicine with me to prevent the wound from getting infected."

She also reportedly fractured her foot amid the scuffle and is now on a wheelchair.

Her husband, 66, was stabbed in the ear and in the chest - wounds which required four and eight stitches respectively. He was also hospitalised, but was discharged on Monday.

'I can't help but feel wronged'​

Speaking to the Chinese daily about the harrowing incident, an emotional Wang recounted that she had gone out with her husband that fateful day to get a haircut at a salon near their home.

The couple subsequently got into an argument with another man over some seats outside the salon.

Wang said she did not think much of the dispute after the man left.

"I didn't think he would return and attack my husband," she said.

When she saw that the man was armed with a knife, Wang tried to warn her husband, but ended up getting hurt.

"I was stabbed in the back, it was really painful, and the wound was bleeding profusely. I have a pre-existing injury on my right leg, and I fractured it when I fell on the ground."

"If he slashed my neck, or cut off my husband's ear, the consequences would have been unthinkable."

Wang's husband also told Shin Min that his arm was injured by the attacker's hammer.

"The attacker ran away after a passer-by shouted at him. I wanted to chase him but I was injured and bleeding," he said.

In a video seen by Shin Min, Wang also tried to fight his assailant with a slipper.

Although he's been discharged, Wang said he does not know when his wife can be discharged.

As she is unable to shower on her own, their daughter has been taking care of her in the hospital.

The doctor has also given him two weeks' medical leave to recover from his injuries.

"When such things happen, I can't help but feel wronged. I hope that justice will be given to us," he lamented.

The alleged attacker, Mun Yew Wah, was arrested and charged with voluntary causing hurt using a dangerous weapon on another man last Sunday.

He was also ordered by the court to remain in Changi Medical Centre for evaluation.

Mun's case will be heard again on August 8.

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiasu
lol

'I never imagined this day would come': Early birds flock to opening of Punggol's Teck Lee LRT station as early as 4am​

Driven by his curiosity about the Light Rail Transit (LRT) train number that will welcome passengers on the first day of service at Teck Lee station, one public transport enthusiast was prepared to go to great lengths.

"I woke up at 3am and cycled from Sengkang," 21-year-old Shawn told AsiaOne outside the LRT station in Punggol on Thursday (Aug 15). "I hope it's number 2. I've been looking for that LRT for some time."

The full-time national serviceman, who also runs a train-spotting YouTube channel, was one of the four ardent fans who were determined to be among the first passengers at Teck Lee station at 5.18am. The station opened on Thursday, almost two decades after it was constructed.

As the shutters at the gantry area rolled up at about 5.08am, there were no cheers, but plenty of smiles from the public transport enthusiasts.

"Oh wow, it's really so clean," said Shawn while he stepped on the platform of the LRT station. "They did a very good job."

And Shawn got his wish after a single-carriage train bearing the number "02" rolled up into the station.