• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Ballad Of Chen Shui Bian!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ballad of Chen Shui-bian

TAIPEI — Former President Chen Shui-bian has written a poem to lament his detention on corruption allegations and say he would die for Taiwan’s independence, a newspaper said yesterday.
In the poem “To My Wife,” published by the Liberty Times, Mr Chen compared the Taipei Penitentiary, where he is being held, to the Bastille, the Paris prison whose storming in 1789 marked the beginning of the French Revolution.
“Waking up with the morning call. Surprised to find I can still breathe. Surrounded by barbed wire. Tiny and dark cell. Every move watched by the security camera. This is not a detention centre for beggars. But is the Taipei Penitentiary — the Bastille.” he wrote.
Mr Chen, 57, has been refusing solids but drinking water since Nov 12, when he was detained. In the poem, which was released to thepress by Mr Chen’s attorney, he also expressed love for his wife, Ms Wu Shu-chen, who is being investigated for money laundering.
Mr Chen blasted what he called the cruelty of politics, saying: “The former master in the presidential office is now the prisoner of the new master.” Despite his detention, he vowed in the poem to carry on the fight for Taiwan’s independence, even if means he should die for it. “The cause of building our nation Is still up in the air,” he said. “If I cannot walk out of the detention centre alive, I would rather die on the cross of Taiwan’s history.”
Mr Chen who ended his second four-year presidential term in May, is accused of embezzling and laundering millions of dollars. He has denied the allegations and said he is being persecuted by the government for his pro-independence stance. DPA
TAIPEI — Former President Chen Shui-bian has written a poem to lament his detention on corruption allegations and say he would die for Taiwan’s independence, a newspaper said yesterday.
In the poem “To My Wife,” published by the Liberty Times, Mr Chen compared the Taipei Penitentiary, where he is being held, to the Bastille, the Paris prison whose storming in 1789 marked the beginning of the French Revolution.
“Waking up with the morning call. Surprised to find I can still breathe. Surrounded by barbed wire. Tiny and dark cell. Every move watched by the security camera. This is not a detention centre for beggars. But is the Taipei Penitentiary — the Bastille.” he wrote.
Mr Chen, 57, has been refusing solids but drinking water since Nov 12, when he was detained. In the poem, which was released to thepress by Mr Chen’s attorney, he also expressed love for his wife, Ms Wu Shu-chen, who is being investigated for money laundering.
Mr Chen blasted what he called the cruelty of politics, saying: “The former master in the presidential office is now the prisoner of the new master.” Despite his detention, he vowed in the poem to carry on the fight for Taiwan’s independence, even if means he should die for it. “The cause of building our nation Is still up in the air,” he said. “If I cannot walk out of the detention centre alive, I would rather die on the cross of Taiwan’s history.”
Mr Chen who ended his second four-year presidential term in May, is accused of embezzling and laundering millions of dollars. He has denied the allegations and said he is being persecuted by the government for his pro-independence stance. DPA TAIPEI — Former President Chen Shui-bian has written a poem to lament his detention on corruption allegations and say he would die for Taiwan’s independence, a newspaper said yesterday.
Mr Chen who ended his second four-year presidential term in May, is accused of embezzling and laundering millions of dollars. He has denied the allegations and said he is being persecuted by the government for his pro-independence stance. DPA TAIPEI — Former President Chen Shui-bian has written a poem to lament his detention on corruption allegations and say he would die for Taiwan’s independence, a newspaper said yesterday.
Mr Chen who ended his second four-year presidential term in May, is accused of embezzling and laundering millions of dollars. He has denied the allegations and said he is being persecuted by the government for his pro-independence stance. DPA

rickws8437

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is no saint. It just a case of every dog has it days. He had his highs and is now experiencing his lows. End of story...