• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai Construction Worker Makes $2.8k PM

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Sep 7, 2008
THAI
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>'People here are good to us'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_NUWORKER-MYP.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Mr Somkhit Krasae, 46, is a site supervisor and has been working in Singapore for the past nine years. On his days off, he studies electrical technology at the ITE in Simei. He hopes to eventually take up a course at a polytechnic here. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Where from: The majority are from Udon Thani and Nong Khai in north-eastern Thailand, and Korat in central Thailand.
Likely to see them: At construction sites and Golden Mile Complex.
Living in: Dormitories in Jurong, Tuas and Kaki Bukit, and makeshift dormitories at construction sites.
Mr Somkhit Krasae, 46, a site supervisor with construction company Scan-Bilt, has been working in Singapore for the past nine years.
His wife, a 41-year-old seamstress, and two sons, aged 19 and 12, live in the city of Udon Thani.
Before he came here, he worked in Taiwan for three years as a foreman. He came to Singapore after hearing it was safe and clean. His agent's fee was $5,000, which he settled after a year.
He lives in a dormitory in Jurong West and earns between $2,500 and $2,800 a month, including overtime. Each month, he remits home $2,000. He calls his sons every night to help them with their homework.
During his days off, he studies electrical technology at the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) in Simei. He hopes to do well enough to take up a safety officer course at a polytechnic. He spoke in English.
How do Singaporeans tend to see you?

Singaporeans are good to foreigners like me even though we are poor and not well-educated. But I must say Singaporeans are less friendly than the Taiwanese. They are always in a hurry and look busy all the time.
How do you feel about this?

It doesn't bother me. I realise that when I get to know Singaporeans better, they can be very kind.
Singaporeans think foreign workers have bad habits. How true is this?

Unfortunately, it is true that some foreign workers drink and make a nuisance of themselves at void decks. This saddens me. Their behaviour will affect the way Singaporeans look at foreign workers.
Where should foreign workers live if Singaporeans don't want workers to live near them?
The Singapore Government has done the right thing by building workers' dormitories. It is easier to have rules and regulations when the workers are all under one roof. But I think the dormitories should provide a place for the workers to eat and drink so they will not hang out at the void decks.
Last words
I want to upgrade myself so that I can apply for permanent resident status here. I want my sons to study in Singapore because I've heard the schools here are very good.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What my owner ??

I operate 3 foodcourts. How about you ?? What the fuck you do ??

U are nothing more than some useless Familee poodle LYING through your teeth to bootlick your owners. Report your rank, name and IC no. now!

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to upgrade myself so that I can apply for permanent resident status here.<!-- / message -->

Here is one Thai who wants to quit Thailand. Talk about those sinkie who wants Thai citizenship :eek:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think a high % comes from OT. How many singaporeans can afford to do OT with wife and children screaming thier heads for "quality time" with dad.

This is called making the most money out of an opportunity. He has the rare opportunity to make more money which he can't back home, so when he comes out he has to work hard.

That is why it is not because Foreigners are appreciated more than singaporeans. It's because many of those who left their country are hungrier for more success and also earn as much money as they can in the shortest possible time for their family.

If getting out of thailand, bangladesh, sri lanka, india, they make much less, the foreign workers would not want to come out and have to even pay agent fees.

this is also the main difference why some go to streets to protest why some don't. Those who don't is not because they are afraid, its because they know their priorities is to work hard for the bread for their family.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - Do U Care How FTrash Think of U?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt40 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">12:56 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">makapa <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1127.2 in reply to 1127.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Take a look at their responses: it's worrying...
Mr Zi Yongjian, PRC, chef
"I do not think that foreign workers should live too far from Singaporeans because there needs to be comminucation. Only be interacting with Singaporeans can we learn how to better live and work here."
Mr Sirasapalli Chandrasekar, India, welder
"I want to save money and buy a home in Singapore. I think it is a very nice place to live in and I'm sure my parents will like it here."
Mr Somkhit Krasae, Thailand, site supervisor
"I want to upgrade myself so that I can apply for PR here. I want my sons to study in Singapore because I've heard the schools here are very good."
Mr Jonathan Thang, Myanmar, construction worker
Mr Thang intends to return to his country in 2 years and dreams of seeing his children, aged 16 to 21, work in Singapore as white-collar workers.
Mr Alauddin Abul Kalam, Bangladesh, shipyard foreman
"Before I came to Singapore, I always heard from the men in my village that it is a good country to work in. When I go home, I will tell the young men in my village the same thing."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>