• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek Review – A victim of our own success

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
With such an headline fronting an article, I can foresee TR days are numbered.

They will soon be a victim of their own success.

Who are the people behind TR anyway? Anyone knows?

Temasek Review – A victim of our own success

September 7th, 2010 | Author: Editorial

Echoing the words of Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, the Temasek Review has become a “victim” of our own success as our surging readership far outstripped our limited resources to maintain the site.

The Temasek Review was previously run by rotating teams of volunteers who contributed to its servers out of their own pockets, but its astonishing climb in readership means that it is not longer feasible for it to rely on goodwill and advertising in the long run.

Referring to the post by our reader Forecaster Extraordinarie II dated 25th August 2010 entitled, Temasek Review has Singapore Press Holdings to thank for their success. Temasek Review was then ranked 74,089 in the world and 199 in Singapore.

Ranking as of 26th August 2010

Our readership have multiplied ten-fold since our last appeal for donations towards a new dedicated server on 16th August 2010 (Temasek Review needs a new server urgently). Temasek Review is now ranked 63,930 in the world and 162 in Singapore, moving up the charts to surpass TodayOnline who is now ranked 203 in Singapore, considering the fact that TodayOnline is owned by MediaCorp and has full-time journalists and techinical staff manning it.

Ranking as of 7th September 2010

With the rapid increase in readership, our servers are constantly running at near its maximum capacity during peak hours causing a noticeable decline in access speed and longer site loading time.

Success comes at a price and Temasek Review urgently needs a new server to offload and balance the increase in traffic which is expected to increase tremendously come Election Day.

The deployment cost of the planned new server is US$1,300.00 and we have only managed to raise US$674.85 in donations as of 6th September 2010 (excluding the cost of the TemasekVPN server which is on consignment arrangement). The lease for the new server will be paid for by our advertising revenues.

As much as we would prefer not to, we are now stuck in an awkward situation whereby we may be forced to start banning accesses by Country instead of just network blocks. We might even need to continue banning Singapore ISP’s netblocks if the situation worsens.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do at the moment due to financial constraints but in the meantime, we would like to say a big “THANK YOU” to those who have donated towards our new server and would like to appeal to our other readers to please support our site by making a token donation if you believe in our cause.

Readers interested in making a donation can do so with their Credit or Debit card which will be processed by our payment processor, MoneyBookers. All information submitted will be kept strictly confidential, none of your payment information will be stored on our server except email address.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/09/07/temasek-review-the-victim-of-our-own-success/

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Need to ask them to learn form Mr LeongSam who is still going strong with 2 sites. :rolleyes:

Apparently "the nasty database problems" rarely occurs now during this time of the day.

Good Job Sam.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for the record.

One month exactly they posted this article "Temasek Review – A victim of our own success", they become history.

No one is above the natural law of 物极必反.

With such an headline fronting an article, I can foresee TR days are numbered.

They will soon be a victim of their own success.

Who are the people behind TR anyway? Anyone knows?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Max

Obviously a month ago, Dear Dr Joesph had already been warned by the Police. Someone one taught him that with this disclaimer, he could still carry on his activities whilst still denying all knowledge.

He did not take the warning to heart, the leak to the TNP followed, and hence lawsuits galore up Dr Ong's ass

Locke

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Locke,

To be honest, I didn't follow the spat betw TR and TNP.

I am just looking at the TR website and the headlines/stories they carried, as a casual reader.

And as a by-stander, you can see things more clearly.

Dear Max

Obviously a month ago, Dear Dr Joesph had already been warned by the Police. Someone one taught him that with this disclaimer, he could still carry on his activities whilst still denying all knowledge.

He did not take the warning to heart, the leak to the TNP followed, and hence lawsuits galore up Dr Ong's ass
Locke

trsexpose

Alfrescian
Loyal
I waited long and hard for this day! What about that ISDTay?

Let us all welcome another jobless Doctor - After Dr Chee!

He can join SDP soon!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun challenge the press with lawsuit. He tries to be nasty by stating the name and contact number of the reporter. Now they play him back by showing his photograph and his occupation.

I wonder who has more to lose here. I pity his wife and kids if he is married.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun challenge the press with lawsuit. He tries to be nasty by stating the name and contact number of the reporter. Now they play him back by showing his photograph and his occupation.

I wonder who has more to lose here. I pity his wife and kids if he is married.

This is not the only nasty thing he did. The poison letters he wrote about other opposition party members n netizens without proof is easily one of the nastiest stuffs he delivered. Justice is served. Good riddance.