• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek has no shame. Now they want ur $$$

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek May Create One More Group of Stakeholders (Update1)

By Shamim Adam

July 29 (Bloomberg) -- Temasek Holdings Pte, a Singapore state-owned investment company, may invite the public to co- invest, Chief Executive Officer Ho Ching said in a speech in Singapore today. It may also seek “sophisticated investors” in five to eight years and retail investors in the next eight to 10 years, she said.

“Over the longer term, we are exploring the feasibility of creating one more group of stakeholders,” she said. “We can do this by inviting the public to co-invest with Temasek.”

Ho said that before doing this, Temasek would first pilot the relevant structures and “rules of engagement” between the state-owned investment company and other sophisticated investors.

“It is important to test this over at least one market cycle during the next five to eight years,” she said. “If this pilot is successful, we may then consider a co- investment platform for retail investors in perhaps eight to 10 years time.”

To contact the reporter on this story: Shamim Adam in Singapore at [email protected]

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't understand this bullshit..

govt = temasek's largest shareholder.
temasek's start up funds came from govt.
govt's found = taxpayer monies

and

now temasek is inviting public (i.e. the taxpayers) to put money into it?
i.e. asking for a "top-up" from the same hand but in a convoluted loop???

also, with this kind of shit track record, who in his/her right mind would put money in?
the only saving grace is that (probably) if temasek needs $, it will openly issue more shares (i.e. rights issue?) and the govt will openly pump money in - and dilute the shareholding of the rest of the "public" stakeholders = held at ransom (i.e. your $ is as good as gone).

c'mon la... oldest trick in the book.. aiyo.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
i don't understand this bullshit..

govt = temasek's largest shareholder.
temasek's start up funds came from govt.
govt's found = taxpayer monies

and

now temasek is inviting public (i.e. the taxpayers) to put money into it?
i.e. asking for a "top-up" from the same hand but in a convoluted loop???

also, with this kind of shit track record, who in his/her right mind would put money in?
the only saving grace is that (probably) if temasek needs $, it will openly issue more shares (i.e. rights issue?) and the govt will openly pump money in - and dilute the shareholding of the rest of the "public" stakeholders = held at ransom (i.e. your $ is as good as gone).

c'mon la... oldest trick in the book.. aiyo.

Very simple, let me explain it to you. Temasek's losses of $40 Billion or more, cannot in reality ever be recouped. The govt. has already tapped all the GLCs, Stat Boards for money by passing the legislation a few years ago to allow this. Simply put, they have run out of money to pump into Temasek for new purchases, etc. So, now, they will invite "sophisticated investors" meaning rich people to invest first. The only way they can do that is to issue preferred shares or some bonds with a conversion sweetener. And than later on, they want to allow regular folks to become common shareholders. Which is why they mention "pilot the relevant structures" because right now, the Temasek articles of incorporation do not allow this. They have to figure out a way in which they will retain maximum control and at same time passon the risk to this suckers.
U are right, with their track record, who wants to invest with them. There are many more fund managers with better record than Ho Jinx.This move smacks of PAP desperation. In reality, Temasek is owned by the people of S'pore, we are the shareholders. if our company performed so poorly, the
BOD would have been sacked a long time ago and there would be an accounting. And u are right about the shares being diluted too. They have to figure out many things. For example, the pool of "sophisticated invetsors" in S'pore is not very large. So, if there is not many investors here, do they than allow foreigners to invest? than again, if they do, the sovereign fund now becomes not so sovereign. They are really clutching at straws here.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun think any wise investors would pour money into her bottomless pits, if she or any of her relations still remains in the board.

unless of course you are tired of acquiring billions of papers/digits...you want to throw away, just go ahead..and have fun while you are doing it....