• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teen driver mows down mother while walking with her baby with a stolen car, only gets 5-7 months probation

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Teen driver mows down mother while walking with her baby with a stolen car, only gets 5-7 months probation​

A furious Los Angeles mom who was mowed down with her baby by a hit-and-run teen driver has lashed out at soft-on-crime District Attorney George Gascon after the perp was given just five months probation.

The mother, only identified as Rachel, took aim at LA’s top prosecutor in a scathing victim impact statement after the 16-year-old driver was ordered to participate in a diversionary program over the August 2021 incident, Fox News reported Friday.

“George Gascon doesn’t value my life or the life of my child, or any other victim out there, and would rather reward the monsters like [the juvenile suspect] by demonstrating to them that their actions have no consequences,” Rachel wrote.

“DA Gascon is telling him and every other thug in LA County that it doesn’t matter if you try to murder people. Why are Gascon’s policies prioritizing the livelihood of rotten monsters when my child, my baby, who is incapable of protecting himself, is left to fend for himself, and is essentially being told his life doesn’t matter?”

Shocking surveillance video of the incident showed the teen plowing directly into Rachel as she pushed her 8-month-old son in his stroller down a Venice street the morning of August 6.

A California teen convicted of plowing a car into a mother and her 8-month-old son will spend just five months in a diversionary program.
Rachel, who appeared to try and fling the stroller out of the way before they were struck, was sent tumbling over the hood of the teen’s car. The teen attempted to speed off but was stopped by another driver who rammed their pickup truck into his vehicle.

The teen was charged with two felony counts of assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury and one felony count of hit and run, according to the DA’s office.

Rachel, who wasn’t seriously injured, referred to the attack as attempted murder — and criticized Gascon for continuing to treat juvenile’s with “the lightest touch possible.”

“I have never been more surprised or disappointed, and in fact I have never felt so victimized as I have by the system and current policies of LA’s DA, George Gascon,” she said.

“My heart breaks when I think about all of the other victims out there, less fortunate than me, whose murderers are getting lenient sentences and being released from prison before their sentences are complete.”

Gascon, who is currently facing a second recall effort, has been repeatedly slammed over his lenient policy regarding juvenile criminal cases, including not prosecuting children as adults.

“We stand by the purpose of the juvenile justice system to rehabilitate young people,” his office said when asked about the teen’s case.

“In this case, this teen will be held accountable for his actions and receive the needed services to foster positive development to keep him from committing future offenses.”

Source:https://nypost.com/2022/06/03/la-mom-mowed-down-by-teen-driver-blasts-da-over-probation-sentence/