• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teach young children to respect all races

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is sad that a child would have to go through this but she has to understand that to the Malay, Islam = Malay. That is why in Malaysia and probably Singapore when a person convert to Islam he has to adopt a Malay name.

I have heard of local Indian Muslims trying to seek financial assistance from Mendaki but were turned away because they say they are Indian not Malay. But when they went to Sinda, they were also turned away as they are not contributing to Sinda but contributing to Mendaki funds monthly as they were Muslim. Anyone can confirm this hearsay???

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/5/22/focus/3956695&sec=focus

I AM a Muslim mother of non-Malay origin. My daughter is seven years old and she attends a national school.

On a few occasions recently, she came home crying because she was constantly teased and harrassed by her classmates who are all Muslims of Malay origin.

They relentlessly call her a non-Muslim just because she is of a different race and thus has a non-Malay look. This, I believe, is due to the fact that there are still some parents and religious teachers out there who have failed to disseminate to their children and pupils the fact that Islam is indeed a way of life and is definitely a non-race-based religion.

Ironically, there is no mention of this important aspect of Islam if one is to browse through the Year One text book ‘Pengetahuan Agama Islam, Jilid 1 and II’ . The importance of Islam as a non race-based religion must be emphasized to the young ones, more so in our country where there are Muslims of different racial origins.

This will enable the creation of a Malaysian Muslim population who are able to get along and respect each other irrespective of race.

JBAK,
Batu Caves, Selangor.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mats are actually quite racist people. Just go ask any non-malay Malaysian what's it like to be a non-bumi in Malaysia. Fuck their "Ketuanan Melayu" policy! What are they but a bunch of pirates and fisherman!?

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
"local Indian Muslims trying to seek financial assistance " They can go to MP for Help too?

SINDA or MENDAKI, I have NO objection unless they touch our CDAC fundings.

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is sad that a child would have to go through this but she has to understand that to the Malay, Islam = Malay. That is why in Malaysia and probably Singapore when a person convert to Islam he has to adopt a Malay name.

I have heard of local Indian Muslims trying to seek financial assistance from Mendaki but were turned away because they say they are Indian not Malay. But when they went to Sinda, they were also turned away as they are not contributing to Sinda but contributing to Mendaki funds monthly as they were Muslim. Anyone can confirm this hearsay???

The girl should be proud that she does not look like Malay:smile: