• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Tock Seng Hospital: Six PMD user deaths since 2017, spike in injuries

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point exactly. A death is a death regardless of how it is caused and at the moment road accidents cause the deaths of around 120 people a year. It is a shockingly high figure.

If everyone used PMDs the figure would be much lower because PMDs are smaller, lighter and safer.

You just don't want to admit there are more deaths per km travelled on PMDs than in vehicles. It's an undeniable metric for comparison of safety between modes of transport.

PMDs are inherently unsafe due to the lack of proper infrastructure, meaning specifically: dedicated PMD lanes.

I have driven more than 300,000 km in my lifetime with zero injuries. I travelled 3,000 km on my PMD and suffered a major concussion resulting in loss of consciousness. I'm sticking to cars for my own safety.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You just don't want to admit there are more deaths per km travelled on PMDs than in vehicles. It's an undeniable metric for comparison of safety between modes of transport.

PMDs are inherently unsafe due to the lack of proper infrastructure, meaning specifically: dedicated PMD lanes.

I have driven more than 300,000 km in my lifetime with zero injuries. I travelled 3,000 km on my PMD and suffered a major concussion resulting in loss of consciousness. I'm sticking to cars for my own safety.

You cannot compare based on deaths per km because PMDs are micro mobility devices designed for SHORT trips to be used in big cities where space is limited.

When I'm in downtown Auckland I use my PMD. It is small, light and easy to park. In fact I can take it in to most of the premises I visit. I may total 20km doing what I need to do ie visiting clients, going for lunch, popping in to the bank, coffee breaks etc.

However if I need to go to Hamilton and back it's 240km on the clock! Of course I use my car. That's what cars are for.

I'll always chalk up more mileage on my car but it does not mean it's a safer means of transport. If I lose control of my car I could kill a whole family walking on the pavement. On the other hand if I lose control of my PMD chances of it causing a death are far lower.

As for your concussion I suggest you use a helmet. I use my full face helmet when riding my PMD.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cannot compare based on deaths per km because PMDs are micro mobility devices designed for SHORT trips to be used in big cities where space is limited.

When I'm in downtown Auckland I use my PMD. It is small, light and easy to park. In fact I can take it in to most of the premises I visit. I may total 20km doing what I need to do ie visiting clients, going for lunch, popping in to the bank, coffee breaks etc.

However if I need to go to Hamilton and back it's 240km on the clock! Of course I use my car. That's what cars are for.

I'll always chalk up more mileage on my car but it does not mean it's a safer means of transport. If I lose control of my car I could kill a whole family walking on the pavement. On the other hand if I lose control of my PMD chances of it causing a death are far lower.

As for your concussion I suggest you use a helmet. I use my full face helmet when riding my PMD.

Then we should compare number of deaths/accidents per trip.

Your point of causing unintended deaths by cars is valid, but my concern if for the safety of the rider. To that end, a car is infinitely safer for the driver compared to a PMD rider.

My life is more precious than the next asshole on the road. Isn't that what we all think?

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful what you wish for. You may choke on your coffee, hit your head on the table top & get a concussion.

also likely to choke on the coffee while reading SBF, fall over backwards while laughing out loud and then get a concussion.

i better give up coffee and stick to tea. tea is much safer.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is if PMD is profitable aka tax high... no way it will be banned. Just look at cigarettes! My multimillionaire ministers will try all ways to implement higher tax for this piece of machinery in order to control the usage. Brilliant ideas from brilliant multimillionaire brains. Long live PAP, huat ahhhhhh!
20190419_135729.gif