• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian to replace CHIAM?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok,I would not dare venture a guess as to whether this former PAP starlet is a mole.Neither would I speculate he is not people friendly sort.But what gives?

You see Chiam is ailing.It would be strategically a mistake for PAP to take down Potong Pasir.So PAP needs an opposition for wayang purposes .Preferably a known devil than an unknown angel.Definitely not from SDP.

Since PAP has this knack of turning around ex oppositionist like Walter Woon and Vivian Balakrishnan to be pro-establishment.I figure Tan Kin Lian could be groomed to replace Chiam.What say you?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither VB nor WW were ever 'oppositionists'. VB was already in the wings of the PAP stage when he was an undergrad in NUS. WW on the other hand has always served his current master's bidding as any good lawyer would. He's also been ambassador to at least one country.

Ok,I would not dare venture a guess as to whether this former PAP starlet is a mole.Neither would I speculate he is not people friendly sort.But what gives?

You see Chiam is ailing.It would be strategically a mistake for PAP to take down Potong Pasir.So PAP needs an opposition for wayang purposes .Preferably a known devil than an unknown angel.Definitely not from SDP.

Since PAP has this knack of turning around ex oppositionist like Walter Woon and Vivian Balakrishnan to be pro-establishment.I figure Tan Kin Lian could be groomed to replace Chiam.What say you?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither VB nor WW were ever 'oppositionists'. VB was already in the wings of the PAP stage when he was an undergrad in NUS. WW on the other hand has always served his current master's bidding as any good lawyer would. He's also been ambassador to at least one country.

Perhaps you know better.But the perception was that VB and WW were anti-establishment.That veneer is now laid exposed.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not ?
at least he maybe can keep Potong Pasir in opposition's hand.
he also said that he is game to be an Non-Elected MP or Elected President.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why not ?
at least he maybe can keep Potong Pasir in opposition's hand.
he also said that he is game to be an Non-Elected MP or Elected President.

PP is too small a town. If you want to take the risk to head in for an election, take on GRC. It will be more rewarding this way.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS will show him the rope and get the people for him. Singapore has no lack of good people. Don't forget TKL, being in the insurance line in the past might have lots of connection forming his supporters.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS will show him the rope and get the people for him. Singapore has no lack of good people. Don't forget TKL, being in the insurance line in the past might have lots of connection forming his supporters.

Very well said.TKL certainly knows the ground since he rides on MRT and buses.Something none of our ministers ever do or had done in their entire lives.

You think GMS knows the rope?.....really !

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Tan is cut for more important things like a Minister or New Party Chief. He should aim to run the government not just replacing a lame duck.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The good news is next GE, there won't be any Chiam to worry about :biggrin:

Perhaps not even a Potong Pasir SMC to worry about. The constituency is now so small that even Nee Soon East SMC is more than twice its size.