• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chuan Jin is Hainanese

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_2659.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
10. We ask this question to every person we’re interviewing for this GE — if you were a Singapore hawker food dish, which would you be and why?

20150829-PAP-Tan-Chuan-Jin-Edwin-Koo-001.jpg
Minister of Social and Family Development Tan Chuan-Jin will be leading the PAP team to contest for the Marine Parade GRC for GE 2015. interview with the Mothership team at Joo Chiat. 2015/08/29. 55 Chai Chee Avenue. Singapore. Photo © Edwin Koo/ @singaporeson #ge2015 #singaporeson #edwinkoo

Chicken rice, because I am Hainanese. It can be steamed or roasted, depending on my mood.

I used to like breast meat, which is usually the worst. And my family members will take the drum sticks. Now I realise what I've been missing out!

Chicken rice is my reference food. There are few reference dishes in a hawker centre - bah chok mee is the other one.

It is not a simple dish. I learnt how to cook it from my mom - you have to scrape off the fats to go into the rice. And I realise it is not healthy but there is a lot of effort that goes into the rice and chilli.

I've not been back to Hainan island, but I've been told the chicken rice in Singapore is better. And that's the beauty of it. Singapore is a hodgepodge of influences and things get assimilated and improved over time. This just shows that something may come from somewhere else, but we can make it better and build our own heritage.

https://mothership.sg/2015/09/tan-c...nister-esm-goh-chok-tong-making-chicken-rice/

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Chuan Jin should thank me. I bet no one here will use his name to highlight adultery anymore.