• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taking On The Nail Cutter

jw5

Loyal
Once I was standing in the MRT when I heard the sound of nail clipping.
Turned around and saw a woman in her late 30s to 40s happily cutting her nails while seated.
I asked her politely in English to please stop cutting her nails as she was littering the floor. She ignored me completely, no response. I asked her politely again in Mandarin. She looked up, and went back to cutting her nails. I made a movement to snatch the nail cutter from her, she said something like "heh" and quickly kept the nail cutter.

Some of you may say that I would not have done the same thing if the nail cutting person was a strong male construction worker. I don't know, perhaps I would have thought twice, but knowing my personal irritation about such behaviour, I think I would have done the same.

I'm not saying that what I did was right or noble. But given the same situation, what would you have done? Just ignored her the nail cutting? Tell her politely but do nothing if she ignores? Tell her rudely? Or do something?

Should we not take action against such inconsiderate and selfish people who have no regard for people around them in public places?

When I told the station control staff about the incident, he commented that it was an issue of personal hygiene? Is it really?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's guilty of littering in MRT train with clipped nails, while you're guilty of robbery of a nail clipper.