• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taiwanese Artistes & Variety Shows

jw5

Loyal
Any interest in this topic?
Let us start with talk show hosts. Compare the classy Shen Chun Hua and the 2 insensitive blokes on Kang Xi.
There is actually no comparison.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually find their variety shows more interesting then ours.

Or at the very least better then what's been airing on Channel 8.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Different culture. Some like it, some find it insults for fun.

In fact Xiao S told a softspoken guest (not sure what the name was) that he should have been on Shen Chun Hua Live Show, showing that they do know the difference.

jw5

Loyal
Different culture. Some like it, some find it insults for fun.

In fact Xiao S told a softspoken guest (not sure what the name was) that he should have been on Shen Chun Hua Live Show, showing that they do know the difference.
I actually find Kang Yong worse than Xiao S. She is just trying to be funny and maybe boast a little at the same time, but I find him shallow and insensitive.
I was going to call them the 2 insensitive "clowns", but that would be insulting to clowns.
Btw, it's "Shen Chun Hua Life Show" and not "Live Show". A show about peoples' lives and not a live telecast show. :smile:

On another topic, who do you think are the most talented Taiwan musicians, including those Singaporeans who have gone to Taiwan to further their music careers?

jw5

Loyal

More interesting perhaps, but at great cost to the dignity of some of the artistes.
I admit I watch these shows for entertainment, but sometimes feel very sorry for some of the people on the shows.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any interest in this topic?
Let us start with talk show hosts. Compare the classy Shen Chun Hua and the 2 insensitive blokes on Kang Xi.
There is actually no comparison.

last time i used to enjoy the makan show hosted by that guy whazhisname?

now taiwanese shows don't really interesting anymore...sibeh bo leow ones...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually find Kang Yong worse than Xiao S. She is just trying to be funny and maybe boast a little at the same time, but I find him shallow and insensitive.
I was going to call them the 2 insensitive "clowns", but that would be insulting to clowns.
Btw, it's "Shen Chun Hua Life Show" and not "Live Show". A show about peoples' lives and not a live telecast show. :smile:

On another topic, who do you think are the most talented Taiwan musicians, including those Singaporeans who have gone to Taiwan to further their music careers?

sorry to say, i think shen chun hua is a super lame show...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

i like "quan min zui da dang"

jw5

Loyal
sorry to say, i think shen chun hua is a super lame show...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

i like "quan min zui da dang"
Some episodes of "Shen Chun Hua Life Show" are lame, but there are some super episodes as well.
I have seen some great episodes involving interviews with Wu Bai and China Blue (then again I'm a fan), with Shu Qi, with Jiang Yiheng, etc. I'm actually not a great fan of the show, but I think Shen Chun Hua is an excellent talk show host and a class act, miles above the "two blokes" from Kang Xi and anyone else in Taiwan or in S'pore.

I like "Quan Ming Zui Da Dang" as well. The problem with this show is that it is hilarious when they spoof the ridiculous things that some politicians or artistes say or do, but when it comes to serious times like the typhoon currently, they don't come across very well.
My personal favourite "impersonator" is Guo Zhixian, he always does a very realistic job whoever he impersonates. The others sometimes exaggerate too much or end up not resembling the person they are trying to impersonate.

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only this to say... I don't watch it and will continue to do so. :biggrin:

It is terrible entertainment. Somehow Taiwanese variety shows just don't do a thing for me.

The only acceptable one that I watch is Da San Tong which deals with FOOD! :biggrin: